Get your Cameras, here it is: AUG 2010

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will count the big horn sheep. Being a Rocky Mountain State, I will count that without a second guess. As far as the building, How many stories is it? I may count it if it is close, but if it is only 12 or so stories, I can not count it to be fair with all of the contestants.

Travis Walthall

I'll leave it up to you then: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wells_Fargo_Tower_(Colorado_Springs)
(for some reason it won't copy completely, so click on the blue Wells Fargo Tower, it should take you to another link where it states that the building is 16 floors)
Thanks

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I'm in the hospital. I was cut in half trying to measure the blades of a giant windmill. Good thing I had a roll of Gorilla Tape handy to tape myself together to get to the hospital.

Saved my life.

gorillatapehand.jpg
You've been missed Lone :rof:

Glad you're back and in fine form :D

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the tower is 247 feet tall. With that, you have to figure out stories. An individual floor is 12 feet. 20 stories is 240 feet. At that point, it is a 20 story building that they chose not to accommodate as many floors as they could have.

I will count it, but if more than a couple people fight me/the building, I will not count it.

Travis Walthall

Fair enough......either way....it's all gooood!

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the tower is 247 feet tall. With that, you have to figure out stories. An individual floor is 12 feet. 20 stories is 240 feet. At that point, it is a 20 story building that they chose not to accommodate as many floors as they could have.

I will count it, but if more than a couple people fight me/the building, I will not count it.

Travis Walthall

I see this is more open to interpretation than expected. Somehow to me a floor is where the lift stops, not the height divided by X.

Suddenly I am not that motivated to take any more pics.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I see this is more open to interpretation than expected. Somehow to me a floor is where the lift stops, not the height divided by X.

You whine a lot. :BLAA:

I have no problem with 16 stories vs. 20, nor do I have a problem with a State Park vs. a National one. The idea is to go out and take some pics. It's not like someone is going to win a million dollars if they get the most photos.
This is for FUN!! :Sport:

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site

Thank you Andz, you are right. I did say at the beginning that the pictures are going to have to be exactly. I have to give leeway to the state/national park for different nations have different names for their parks. But as far as the building goes, you are right.

Sorry lytehouse, you will get credit for the sheep, but I can not give you the building. I can not say one thing and expect others to go out of their way to get the picture and let others slide. I hope you understand.

Travis Walthall

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting....anyway I did not know other countries have different names for there parks. Im still playing the game here and Im going to get my 2 last photos tomorrow! Windmill (wind generator) and The Arch (which can count at 20 stories or national park). If my park doesent stand for a vote let me know, because I can replace it while im in st louis tomorrow. There are plenty of 20 story buildings in the city.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site

I can see your point, but for me, this is a way to get the extra time (which recently I plain simple do not have) to take the bike out and also "explore" the area were I live looking for specific items!!!! Can/Could I find all of them? most likely no. Isn't there some consideration for creativity too?

I do it for fun and yes, everybody has the right to do it or not!!!!!!
Out of thousands of users in this forum, only a handful has been participating here. On top of that, every time somebody post a picture, I/we can get to see something different from my/our own area.

I do enjoy it and, as everybody else, I try to look for things that resembles the best what has been asked for. This does not mean that everything that I/we find will be a perfect match of the items we're looking for, but we participate and have fun with it:rockon:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry lytehouse, you will get credit for the sheep, but I can not give you the building. I can not say one thing and expect others to go out of their way to get the picture and let others slide. I hope you understand.

Travis Walthall

No Worries Travis, like I said before, I knew it wouldn't count because it wasn't 20 stories. I took the picture because it is the tallest building where I live.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting....anyway I did not know other countries have different names for there parks. Im still playing the game here and Im going to get my 2 last photos tomorrow! Windmill (wind generator) and The Arch (which can count at 20 stories or national park). If my park doesent stand for a vote let me know, because I can replace it while im in st louis tomorrow. There are plenty of 20 story buildings in the city.

As long as you get the sign of the park in the picture also, you are good. I cant say that the Arch is a building, so I don't think that can be counted. Either way though, I would still like to see a picture with your bike and the Arch.

Travis Walthall

EddieMemphis

Has Been
Reaction score
Visit site
Done. I have 10 of 12. I'm not going to do Mile Marker 55 because pulling to the side of a busy highway to snap a picture is dangerous around here.

Posting to come.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Done. I have 10 of 12. I'm not going to do Mile Marker 55 because pulling to the side of a busy highway to snap a picture is dangerous around here.

Posting to come.

I felt the same...Congrats on so many though!!

Looking foward to seeing yours & AngelFZ's :popcorn::popcorn:

EddieMemphis

Has Been
Reaction score
Visit site
A 20+ story building.

962813852_T96Qq-M.jpg

Penterra Plaza. 23 floors, 286 feet.

A Coffee shop/stand.

962813759_hp3hS-M.jpg

A National Park sign.

180115115_jhgMU-M.jpg

An animal unique to your area (IE armadillo, kangaroo, etc).

Several options here.

985499374_MpD4g-M.jpg

Rocky Mountain Elk.

985499449_V5Ki5-M.jpg

Colorado Buffalo.

146051515_mxMDF-M.jpg

Denver Bronco.

A boulder larger than your bike.

985499497_7h2hM-M.jpg

Pushover Rock, Rampart Range Road.

A dump truck.

985499321_tLPj8-M.jpg

A Pre-1965 car the same color as your bike.

986722786_NtUfX-M.jpg

Early 60's CJ-5.

A Windmill with 5+ meter blades.

986718965_K8xt4-M.jpg

National Renewable Energy Laboratory. National Wind Technology Center.