Get the tire home or bust LOL

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
A rider from my car forum took this photo while going home. Cant believe he would even chance this.........

attachment.php

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol! In my youth i have carried crazier items....but that's pretty good! Wonder what the Police would think if they saw him???

I also have visions of him rolling down the road, if he fell off! At least that way he could "Scrub" the tyre in before fitting it!

:BLAA:

:thumbup:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's nothing, last time I was waiting to get tires mounted the guy ahead of me strapped a mounted rear wheel to his back and took off wearing crocs and shorts. :eek: I wish I would have had a camera for that one! :tard:

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I was in Kuala Lumpur about 5 years ago and say a guy on a moped carrying 4 moped tyres this way !!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
well I suppose you could argue that tire is acting as "gear" in the event of a crash his mid-section would be protected from rash. :thumbup:

Especially since he is not wearing an armored jacket and those shoes are about as protective as flip flops.

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
If my main riding buddy (my sister's husband) cannot go as my passenger carrying the new tire to put on at the workshop, then I carry it exactly the same the guy on the picture does :BLAA:

I don't buy my tires at the shop where they are installed :D

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks very uncomfortable. Guess he's not leaning very far foward either. lol I can't imagine trying to ride with something under my arms like that.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
That's pretty good. I sometimes have to load stuff inside my jacket and look like I'm pregnant. Here's a another photo. Get this, it's two cops doubling up on a motorcycle in Buenos Aires, Argentina (was there last week) on, what looks like, a Yamaha FZ1. First time I had EVER seen cops double up on a police motorcyle. No big deal, of course, but I thought I'd share it:
6436548243_532dcf3033_b.jpg

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well I suppose you could argue that tire is acting as "gear" in the event of a crash his mid-section would be protected from rash. :thumbup:
I was thinking that too; I don't really see anything inherently dangerous about that. :don't know:

I once rode home with a small bag of groceries hanging off my left handlebar.

Never do that. :spank:

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
How else to you get tyres around?

Seriously, i do that all the time? Well, whenever i buy tyres that can't be fitted where i buy them?

hardly unsafe? just uncomfortable ...

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
I know for you cops two up on a motorcycle is a completely weird thing, in general two guys is weird as well, here in my country is the opposite, cops ride two up all the time and the general people two, you see here two men in a bike no matter if it is a small or a big bike.