Gas Tank Yamaha Emblems

CrioGeniC

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Question. Does anyone know if the Yamaha Emblems on the tank are painted on or just stickers that are clear coated over, during the tank painting process from the factory.

The Emblem on the right side of my has a pretty good size, quarter size, scuff in the middle of it. I am going to start looking around to get it repainted. Hoping to find someone that can just redo the emblem area and not have to repaint the whole tank.

thanks,
Crio

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
'07 and up are foam back stickers that are a bear to remove. Dunno about '04 to '06. Assuming they are like the fairing stickers, they are probably stickers with no clear coat.

Have you looked at one of the Yamaha on line parts catalogues to look them up???

CrioGeniC

Reaction score
Visit site
'07 and up are foam back stickers that are a bear to remove. Dunno about '04 to '06. Assuming they are like the fairing stickers, they are probably stickers with no clear coat.

Have you looked at one of the Yamaha on line parts catalogues to look them up???

Thanks for the reply. Havent got that far yet. Just sat down at the computer here at work and the idea to ask on the forums hit me. Will check into the parts catalogues and see if I can come up with anything.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My red 06 has a sticker with clearcoat over. No removal possible without a completely new paint job.

H

HavBlue

Can you define scuff a bit better? Tis true the emblem is clearcoated however, that clearcoat is thick enough to be color sanded and buffed out using 1500 or 2000 grit sand paper.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you define scuff a bit better? Tis true the emblem is clearcoated however, that clearcoat is thick enough to be color sanded and buffed out using 1500 or 2000 grit sand paper.
Hi Charlie,
My silver 2005 tank decal looks like it has been stenciled in? When I dropped my bike it went right through the decal. It does not appear to have any difference in surface level from the paint.
I will go and check.

Nelly

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My red 06 has a sticker with clearcoat over. No removal possible without a completely new paint job.

That kinda bites.

I looked up the price of the fairing "swoosh" sticker and those puppies are $38.00 a side! The hokie looking "FZ6" sticker is another $20.00! The warning sticker on the gas tank is about $1.75. So I think I removed about $100.00+ in stickers!