Yamaha emblems

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I dumped ol fizzy two summers ago and got it all pieced back together in time for riding last summer. Part of the repair was we repainted the bike. When we did the tank we obviously took off the Yamaha emblems. They were raised emblems, not a flat sticker.
Anyway, I ordered some from some website last summer and found them incredibly annoying. They don't seem to be able to adhere to the tank, rather they are peeling up. I'm pretty sure this is because they have an aluminum backing.
Has anyone had this issue? More importantly has anyone replaced the emblem and not had issues? If so where did you get them?
Thanks!

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm actually thinking of taking mine off. haha, one thing that might help is cleaning the back of the sticker, and the tank with alcohol, let it dry then heat it up with a heat gun and apply pressure. It should loosen up enough for the adhesive to actually set. Or try bending it to match the curve of the tank before putting it back on.

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, I see. The only thing I can think of is spray adhesive, but that's only if you don't ever want them to come off. haha

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:aus:I have the same problem with a tank protector, used metho to clean the tank, hair dryer on the protector and it stuck well except for one corner just on the tank curve( hard to describe), anyway any advice on a resolution would be great, had thought dble sided tape???

Last edited: