FZ8 Official picture

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
Are most semi naked guys here a fan of what i call the single "prism" style headlight? Similair to the fz6r, the new gixxers sport them too. Jury is still out for me. Even the 2010 Interceptor went this route. Looks like the dual headlights have run their course.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Are most semi naked guys here a fan of what i call the single "prism" style headlight? Similair to the fz6r, the new gixxers sport them too. Jury is still out for me. Even the 2010 Interceptor went this route. Looks like the dual headlights have run their course.

I think that single prism headlight is fugly. Fugly on all those bikes you metion. Looks too "transformerish" to me. Kinda neat and wierd looking, but not something I'd want to look at day in and day out, when transient style has moved on to some other bike component.

I've heard it put forth that dual headlights are bad because they can be mistaken for a car that is a long ways away rather than a motorcycle that is close with two headlights near each other.

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont know about you guys, if I chose to go for an upgrade, it will be the FZ1. That is if the price difference for a FZ1 and FZ8 is not so great.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i wonder if fz1 will be called fz12 in the future then.

nah. it's established... as is the r1 that they'd also have to change if they went that route to be consistent. plus, they already have an fz16 and that higher number doesn't denote a larger engine size.

as a side note: i'd love to have an fz16 to ride around town.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder what Yamaha is trying to accomplish with the FZ8. I mean they sell a naked FZ1 (at least, in Europe), which will still have more displacement than the FZ8.
Why would someone buy a naked 800cc bike and not just buy a naked 1000cc bike?
Am I missing something here? :confused:

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder what Yamaha is trying to accomplish with the FZ8. I mean they sell a naked FZ1 (at least, in Europe), which will still have more displacement than the FZ8.

In contrary to the American way of thinking, we think the bigger is not always the better. :)

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In contrary to the American way of thinking, we think the bigger is not always the better. :)

Well, actually, in this particular instance, it is Japanese thinking of what Americans are thinking. This is a misconception of non-Americans by looking at only few examples of things here and applying to everything.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder what Yamaha is trying to accomplish with the FZ8.

You're assuming it'll have a 800cc engine. It might, as so far the last digit has denoted engine size. But, it might not, since in Europe they have several alphanumeric names that do not match engine sizes.
It might just reflect a class. Since the FZ6r is the beginner ride (least power, starter components), the FZ8 might be the intermediate streetfighter (more power, better components), with the FZ1 being the heavyweight (most power, high-end components).
Just a thought.

And when it comes to bikes, to me, bigger is NOT better. I love the lighter nimble rides. They are a blast in the turns, are great on gas, and cheaper to insure. Win, win, and WIN!

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, actually, in this particular instance, it is Japanese thinking of what Americans are thinking. This is a misconception of non-Americans by looking at only few examples of things here and applying to everything.

It is true that I'm using stereotypes here, but there must be something true about it because small vehicles and such are mostly not available in the US. And the thing about the Japanese thinking, I think they only looked at sales figures to determine what vehicles they send to the US, so...
There must be a reason why everyone is sure about the fact that the new fz8 comes to Europe, and not so sure that it comes to the US. ;)

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site

I would not be surprised to see the FZ1 go away next year and have the FZ8 take it's place. Many mfgrs are realizing that, in these hard times, they have too many bikes in production. A little trimming is in order.

Tim

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Moto-Journal_Yamaha-FZ8_BMW-S600RR.gif

2641585280_small_1.jpg