Fz6r

I was at the Dallas Cycle Show two weeks(?) ago and the Yamaha rep stated that this is the LAST year :eek:for our beloved FZ6. He also said that it is unfair to compare the two bikes(I agree) he said the new FZ6R is for beginners.

Bill

it would be a shame to get rid of the FZ, especially since it is obviously selling very well... I think/hope that guy was talking out of his a$$

I think that Yamaha saw the success of Kawasaki's 650R and felt they needed something to compete in that market share. I don't know what the numbers looked like for the Suzuki GSX650F, but I havent seen many of them on the road at all.

The gSX650F has not gotten a single bad review in almost all the articles (except one from motorcyclist that was looking for a hard core sports bike...duhh) It is selling well in Europe and is starting to pick up time here.

Has anybody ever attempted to contact Yamaha directly to obtain a part like the tail section. I wonder if they would sell one unpainted and raw?

Has anybody ever attempted to contact Yamaha directly to obtain a part like the tail section. I wonder if they would sell one unpainted and raw?

Do we know if they fit???? if so, i love that seat unit.....would be very interested , as i need to rep0lace my rear sub-frame right now!!!!

:thumbup:

Here is my two cents on the FZ6R. I own a FZ1 and last year my wife who is a new rider (less than three years) went looking to upgrade from her first bike (CBR125). There was nothing on the market to suit her needs. The bike she fell in love with was of course a 2008 FZ6. She purchased the bike and we immediately had to modify the bike to suit her needs lower seat and lowering link for the suspension. She now would like to purchase lowers for the bike these mods have a total cost of over one thousand dollars. Yet this year they produce the FZ6R which is lower and has lowers and at a lower price. No doubt for the proformance minded individuals out there the FZ6 is a better proforming bike, but realistically for the majority of people riding they will never utilize any bike to its maximun potiential. I think this bike will find its place as a great replacement motorcycle for those wanting to upgrade from the CBR125's and Ninja 250's. After all what are there other options either an outdated model or a Cruiser because they are vertically challenged. Just remember as long as they are not riding a cruiser that is all that matters. For those that like the seat if it is anything like the one on the FZ1 comfort was never in Yamaha's mind when designing that one, be careful what you wish for.

Over this side of the pond, it looks like:

2009 Yamaha XJ6 Diversion / ABS

Different name, different seat unit, no ram air...definitely more a beginner's bike.

Ohhh please , did you have to post this.... It is horrid i'll have to go and gouge my eye's out now :eek: , what are Yamaha thinking ? :spank:

Less power and heavier, thats user friendly? I really dislike the way that they [Yamaha] have discarded some great technological break through. The cast aluminum frame is as revolutionary as the Delta box frame IMO.

Nelly

Last edited:
Back