Fz6n converted to s "problems"

terjemm84

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ600n converted to FZ600s "problems"

Hello,

Ive just bought a 2003 FZ600s witch originally is a FZ600n. What i want is to change the alien looking headlight witch is mounted , and get a more "normal" shaped light with a fly screen to cover the instruments(where do you hide all the wires and stuff??). I also want the headlight to mount to the front fork, so that the light follows when i turn. The headlight witch is mounted today is bolted to the frame and is always pointed straight forward!!! Could i convert the on i have so it turns withe the fork what then about the instruments?, just as a temporary solution?

I would also like a new handlebar, the standard one is to curved towards you, need a straighter one?
?
I have checked the internet but i´m not able to find a kit, so if someone could send me a "shopping list" or direct med to a internet site in europe, preferably close to Norway. I would be sooooo thankful.

The picture of the blue bike is mine, the black is "what" im looking for or other cool ones.

Please help!!!

Last edited:

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Whenever your going a bit more than slow you won't get light that follows into the turn. When you countersteer (with light mounted on front fork) you are more likely to get the light pointing further away from the turn.
So its more about looks than output if its mounted on the front fork (I believe)...

The bike you bought... isn't that an FZ600 (before FZ6).

Last edited:

terjemm84

Reaction score
Visit site
It is a FZ600, just wrote wrong. I´l change it it the text, but still want the Headlight and speedo to mount on the fork:)

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
It is a FZ600, just wrote wrong. I´l change it it the text, but still want the Headlight and speedo to mount on the fork:)

Phew... Had a bad feeling that some dude had tricked you since you wrote you just bought it :D
And yes I agree that it would be a way better look with forkmounted - and less alien weird as now :)

JoKe

Reaction score
www.motorsyklisten.no
Nice to see there are others from Norway on the forum! (Write in English since this is an international forum)
Have you seen the fork mounting kits they sell on Biltema? I think they will do the job nicely :)
Also the double light kit they have looks alright.

terjemm84

Reaction score
Visit site
I´we looked at Biltema, but I'm worried about how to mount the instruments, and where do i get a flyscreen that fits?

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
What type of bulbs are the headlights on the bike now? Is it a halogen system, LED or something more like a pair of Bixenon projectors?

terjemm84

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

I have no idea, the only thing i know is that they have a completely wrong angle, and are facing down in front of the tire.