FZ6N Conversion

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm considering drilling out the brake side mount like Shaggy did.

It's really not that difficult to do. The hardest part was finding metric drill bits and taps, I must have gone to 5 different hardware stores before I found a 10mm bit. As far as a better lever for the clutch side, I know the lever off of a versys will fit and has a built in 10mm mirror mount. I'm still looking to see what other non-import options there are, I'll let you know what I find. I'm not super impressed by the generics, but for $20 I didn't have very high expectations.

Also, yellow with a black stripe would look super badass....just an opinion.

Last edited:

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
It's really not that difficult to do. The hardest part was finding metric drill bits and taps, I must have gone to 5 different hardware stores before I found a 10mm bit. As far as a better lever for the clutch side, I know the lever off of a versys will fit and has a built in 10mm mirror mount. I'm still looking to see what other non-import options there are, I'll let you know what I find. I'm not super impressed by the generics, but for $20 I didn't have very high expectations.

Also, yellow with a black stripe would look super badass....just an opinion.

Wish you had posted this a few hours earlier :)

I couldn't find 10mm so I improvised and it's a tad too small. Ended up with a broken mount when I turned one too many times.

View attachment 14808

It's an interesting mirror. The flashers look cool with the pods I installed in the fairing bracket holes.

View attachment 14810 View attachment 14811 View attachment 14812

I made a video clip. I'll try and upload.

Last edited:

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the fairing and headlight mounted this weekend and I'm trying to decide if I like it.

I ordered the headlight brackets on Ebay from SpeedMoco but even thought they had them listed as up to 43mm, they only went to 41mm. I had to spend a few hours bending and using nuts as spacers.

I cut the original SV650 bracket to remove the piece that normally attaches to the headlight.

Here's a few pics. Still needs to be painted of course, and I'm not sure if I like the positioning.

Thoughts?

View attachment 15065 View attachment 15066 View attachment 15067 View attachment 15073

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess if I would have realised that it was an older model I would have known it would fit....I was imagining the newer style guage like mine....duh! :thumbup: Thanks!

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good!

I like the side views but it feels like there's something off in the front view.. Have you tried getting the fairing a bit more snug around the headlight? I think what bothers me is the space between the headlight and the fairing.

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good!

I like the side views but it feels like there's something off in the front view.. Have you tried getting the fairing a bit more snug around the headlight? I think what bothers me is the space between the headlight and the fairing.

The problem is I need longer brackets I think. That or cut the fairing. The headlight is too close to the frame. I like the way it looks in my original mock-up better.

View attachment 15075

I agree. I hate that space.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
does the light actually contact the frame? Or the fairing? If not then it is not too close to the frame in my opinion. I have been trying to find a way to get mine as close as possible and not contact the frame with the headlight, fairing, or guages.......the search continues.

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
does the light actually contact the frame? Or the fairing? If not then it is not too close to the frame in my opinion. I have been trying to find a way to get mine as close as possible and not contact the frame with the headlight, fairing, or guages.......the search continues.

No contact. The only reason to move a little further out is to be able to fit the fairing better. I may have to cut off small section of the fairing near forks and slide in better.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
gotcha! just be sure to mock up......it might not look as good pushed out further and cutting it down may be the way to go.

FazerNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
I also started playing around with the speedo bracket.QUOTE]

gharris - Your speedo braket is dam impressive. Any idea of the dimensions of the bracket... it would save me some trial and error cutting when I fab mine. Thanks!

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up doing something a little different. I officially completed the bike this morning and took my first ride with all parts installed.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can. My wife went into New York City and took the good digital camera.

I built the new bracket with aluminum strips from Lowes. I'll try and get some good pics but I'm not taking the mini fairing off.

The wires tucked in nice above the headlight and under the speedo.

JD6

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great man!!! If you don't mind me asking how much did the light, and fairing run you? Did you use the stock speedo/tach, or go with an aftermarket?

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
14726-fz6n-conversion-img_1775.jpg
Hey, that rashed frame mount looks like insurance may have totalled the bike. Can you take the screw out to install a frame slider?

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
They total a bike for something like that? I bought it from someone local last summer. Title is clean and I had no problem registering an insuring so I guess he never looked into it. I'm sure there is a way to get it out. I had planned to add frame sliders but have not yet.