Fz6 vibrations

C5illini

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at 09 z-6 or 07 yzf600r,want one that is not going to have buzzing in the pegs or bars,I am 68, not worried about carving corners,just tooling around! Thanks. Rod

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at 09 z-6 or 07 yzf600r,want one that is not going to have buzzing in the pegs or bars,I am 68, not worried about carving corners,just tooling around! Thanks. Rod

Hi and thanks for stopping in. Opinions on this topic will vary. Vibrations from either is probable if they have not been properly maintained and had tune issues addressed. I would opt for which one FITS YOU the best. If after that you end up with 09 FZ6, stop in and we'll be happy to help you tailor the Fizzer to your needs! << Lots of Good info in this forum!

Good luck which ever choice you make!

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure what your question is... but yes, the FZ6 tends to be a "buzzy" bike. I notice it in the bars, the footpegs, and the seat (not as much). And the mirrors vibrate like crazy too - everything is blurry at highway speeds.

First thing is to properly sync the throttle bodies, supposedly this helps a lot - I have not done it yet, so I can't comment.

To help the bars, there's a few options to help reduce vibrations.
-Gel grips or grip puppies will help absorb some, or gloves with a gel palm
-heavier bar ends
-Fill the bar with silicone/RTV, something heavy like lead shot or sand, or supposedly a combination of silicone and lead shot helps the most.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure what your question is... but yes, the FZ6 tends to be a "buzzy" bike. I notice it in the bars, the footpegs, and the seat (not as much). And the mirrors vibrate like crazy too - everything is blurry at highway speeds.

Bahaha... Have you been on a Buell??:BLAA:

My 09 FZ6 is one of the smoother bikes ive been on!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as bikes go the FZ6 is about average. My Victory cruiser has more vibrations than my FZ6 and it has rubber mounted everything!

Running premium octane fuel and keeping the bike in tune (especially the throttle body sync) will make it smooth as silk.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

First thing is to properly sync the throttle bodies, supposedly this helps a lot - I have not done it yet, so I can't comment.

To help the bars, there's a few options to help reduce vibrations.
-Gel grips or grip puppies will help absorb some, or gloves with a gel palm
-heavier bar ends
-Fill the bar with silicone/RTV, something heavy like lead shot or sand, or supposedly a combination of silicone and lead shot helps the most.

You should really TRY THIS as none of that is necessary!!
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/48874-cure-bad-vibrations-spark-plug-caps.html

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site