• Double bubble of sorts

Votes: 239 65.3%
  • Chopped original

Votes: 32 8.7%

• Total voters

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't find it too difficult - get one end started, even just 1/4", then press it on as you go from there just a little at a time. Took me less than 1 minute. I even took it off again to cut the length and then reinstalled just as easy. I used the excess to put a small strip on the bottom portion as well.

The place where the screen curves was the hardest. Also, it didn't help that the tubing was all twisted in the package. I did manage to put it on though, maybe I was more frustrated with it because I did that install during my lunch break at work ;)

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Coming from an '08 Ninja 250R I was amazed at how much buffeting and wind noise the FZ6 has. I am 6'1" and the 250 was better with it's stock screen and quieter still with the ZG DB. I wear earplugs but still can't believe the turbulence. I wonder if the wide, up front, wings on the fairing do more harm than good. The ninjette was narrow and smooth and just cut through the wind.

I really don't want some huge plastic door up front and have read lots of posts saying the Yamaha Touring screen and Puig racing don't really help much. I may have to get a + 5" Cee Bailey for cold weather and keep the stock, or cut it down, for Summer.

Tim

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the odd man out. I have the tallest California Scientific and couldn't be happier.

I added a Laminar Lip to the tallest CS to finally achieve peace and quiet. I'm thinking about trying the cut down stock to get some more airflow now that temps are climbing into the 100s.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Just put on the CB 24". Will let you know tomorrow!!

Moses, I LOVE your signature with your mods...less snooty attitude!!! :rof::rof: It's great that you can laugh at your self. I'm glad you decided to stick around, and am looking forward to your review of the CB 24". I recently bought a Laminar Lip and plan to put it on the stock windshield, and will also post my opinion once I get it placed.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
Moses, I LOVE your signature with your mods...less snooty attitude!!! :rof::rof: It's great that you can laugh at your self. I'm glad you decided to stick around, and am looking forward to your review of the CB 24". I recently bought a Laminar Lip and plan to put it on the stock windshield, and will also post my opinion once I get it placed.
I think they were trying to run me off!!!! Where else would I go?

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the yamaha touring windscreen. It cuts out more general wind than the standard windscreen but directs more towards the head area instead of the chest, this creates more helmet noise.

With you on that one Martin. I think I'm going to put the standard back on and see what happens.

arrobador

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know how GIVI products are available in the United States, but the screen that I have recently installed is more effective than the Yamaha touring model.

See my post

alexis

Reaction score
Visit site
i think its all about what u want it for, an ur style. I chopped my windscreen cos i thought the stock one was 2 big, other may like the touring that's some inches taller. Its all about ur taste. :rockon:

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a MRA screen. It might not be the best of all but I'm pretty sure it is the best for tall riders.
zamolxes-albums-mra-windscreen-picture4870-img-1167.jpg

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the yamaha touring windscreen. It cuts out more general wind than the standard windscreen but directs more towards the head area instead of the chest, this creates more helmet noise.

I've got the same one as you. One of these days when I'm not feeling lazy I'm going to swap back and see how it goes noise wise.

y0s_bikey

Reaction score
Visit site
Im using the Puig Touring for 08 FZ6, I noticed when I was travelling about 180km/hr, the shields flex and vibrate very badly. I loved it alot but recently after a tour i notice there are actually cracks on the windshield. Not due to small stones as the cracks are from the inner of the windshield. Anyone with similar experience?

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a tall Givi windscreen on my 06. I like it for longer trips as it takes some of the wind off of my torso. Wind hits me near the top of my shoulders..lots of wind noise..very little buffeting. It changes the handling of my bike over the stock windscreen and reduces top speed by 8 to 10 km/h.

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
DSC02218-1.jpg

Had this touring screen on for around six months, what do I think! Great... can't fault it especially when I go on a long ride. Stops loads of wind from banging in my chest which makes for a more comfortable ride.

But I have just ordered a double bubble screen, the reason is I think that the bike has lost some of its character. Which in my opinion takes away that sporty look of the bike. Don't get me wrong but for a tall rider this screen would be ideal.

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Got my double bubble screen today looks nice on the bike but still looks slightly taller than the stock. Notice some of you have cut the screen back, what is the best way to do this without doing any damage to the screen. :confused:

Cheers Phil.