• Double bubble of sorts

Votes: 239 65.3%
  • Chopped original

Votes: 32 8.7%

• Total voters

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
For those of you who have tried different screens on the FZ6 fazer, which in your opinion is best??

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the yamaha touring windscreen. It cuts out more general wind than the standard windscreen but directs more towards the head area instead of the chest, this creates more helmet noise.

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the yamaha touring windscreen. It cuts out more general wind than the standard windscreen but directs more towards the head area instead of the chest, this creates more helmet noise.

+ 1 on that.

simonwb-albums-simonwb-s-fazer-picture2753-front.jpg

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Puig Double Bubble Screen. I like it, but I can only compare it to my ninja 250r. The one on the FZ is much better in my opinion. I am pretty Tall, so I get the wind regardless. As a matter of fact, I am going to cut down my stock screen, and put it on for the summer so that I can get even more wind to help with the heat hopefully.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It depends what year we are talking about because there are 2 very different styles.

It also depends on what you mean by "Best". For looks, the Puig DB for my 2006 bike. For long distance touring the cut down stock screen is better than the stock and the DB.

It gets complicated very quickly doesn`t it?

Steve

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
It depends what year we are talking about because there are 2 very different styles.

It also depends on what you mean by "Best". For looks, the Puig DB for my 2006 bike. For long distance touring the cut down stock screen is better than the stock and the DB.

It gets complicated very quickly doesn`t it?

Steve

+1 - I hate "What is the BEST....." posts. There is no BEST when dealing with people's opinion, not to mention differnt bikes that also take different stlye screens (04-06 then 07-09).

Then deceide what you want the "best" of - 'best' looks or 'best' functionality. Both depend on the rider's size and personal preference.

There are pleanty of different styles and makes of windscreen posted on this forum. Go search around and check them out and deceide for yourself what style and brand will 'best' suit your needs and your tastes.

ludwigva

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Steve on cutting the standard screen (2006 FZ6). I suffered from a lot of helmet turbulence and wind noise until I cut the standard screen back to about the rear view mirrors. It solved the noise problem. A bit more wind is directed to the helmet but the turbulence now hit my chest, no problem with that. I'm not sure if you get the perfect screen.

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
Function over form. I too am touring in the summer and have considered chopping my standard one down like alot of you have done. Cant warrant the £70 for a double bubble if it doesnt work

I have an 08 bike btw. Are the screens significantly different profiles?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the PowerBronze double bubble and love it, same height as the stock but the bubble re-directs the air nicely.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
it looks better with the stocker but feels better with the puig double bubble. I will let you know shortly what I think of naked :D

Honcho117

Reaction score
Visit site
Last week I had to replace my Yamaha Touring screen due to an accidental scratch, this time I went with the Puig Touring screen. The Puig provides much better wind deflection - and less helmet noise too! I got the smoke tint and it came embelished with the word "Fazer" on the lower front.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Function over form. I too am touring in the summer and have considered chopping my standard one down like alot of you have done. Cant warrant the £70 for a double bubble if it doesnt work

I have an 08 bike btw. Are the screens significantly different profiles?

There is a huge amount of difference at the bottom end of the screen but the top looks the same so I see no reason why you can`t mod it.

Here is the front of my FZ6 with the Puig on so you have an idea of the different styles.

By the way cutting the stock down does work.

Steve

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it looks better with the stocker but feels better with the puig double bubble. I will let you know shortly what I think of naked :D

It is a matter of personal choice.

To me the DB looks good and the stock is good for using as a sledge on snow...unless you do the 2006 mod of course and then the modded screen works best and the DB looks best.

Steve

Cochiez

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, new guy here with a quick hello to all of you.

On to business, I'm sure that an individual's height has a lot to do with what screen works best. I'm looking to change my stock screen out too, but I'd like some opinions from taller guys first. I'm 6'3 and looking for a screen that cuts down on turbulence and noise, but doesn't look goofy. As far as styling goes, I prefer naked bikes. However, one reason I went with an FZ in the first place was the combination of near-naked looks and wind cutting practicality.

Can anyone post pics of the cut-down stock screen? Are there any tall guys using a cut-down, and does it work??? How about the various touring screens?

Thanks

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, new guy here with a quick hello to all of you.

On to business, I'm sure that an individual's height has a lot to do with what screen works best. I'm looking to change my stock screen out too, but I'd like some opinions from taller guys first. I'm 6'3 and looking for a screen that cuts down on turbulence and noise, but doesn't look goofy. As far as styling goes, I prefer naked bikes. However, one reason I went with an FZ in the first place was the combination of near-naked looks and wind cutting practicality.

Can anyone post pics of the cut-down stock screen? Are there any tall guys using a cut-down, and does it work??? How about the various touring screens?

Thanks

Do a search for "2006 windscreen mod " and you will see pics of how to do it and the final screen.

I am 5`9" tall and the screen is great.

Steve

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I am 5'8'' and I had the Puig Double Bubble windscreen. Compared to stock, the wind now hits me helmet right where my eyes are. This has really helped with cold weather riding. As far as noise levels are concerned, I wear ear plugs and I did motice that with the Puig I was able to hear more engine noise than wind noise. Overall, I think the Puig DB screen works great for touring and/or colder weather riding. For the summer I would have switched back to stock for the increased airflow to the body.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am 5'8'' and I had the Puig Double Bubble windscreen. Compared to stock, the wind now hits me helmet right where my eyes are. This has really helped with cold weather riding. As far as noise levels are concerned, I wear ear plugs and I did motice that with the Puig I was able to hear more engine noise than wind noise. Overall, I think the Puig DB screen works great for touring and/or colder weather riding. For the summer I would have switched back to stock for the increased airflow to the body.

I am the same height as you are.
Cut the stock down and you will love it for the summer.

Steve