Fz6 or Keep my Banshee?

MessyJesse69

Reaction score
Visit site
fz6 is clean as hell! 18xxx miles fairing delete dual exhaust slip on. 2006 blue in color. guy wants to trade for my banshee 350 its got a fresh rebuild and a dynoport exhuast on it. Anything i should be worried about on the bike with 18xxx miles? what do you guys think? i know the fz6 would be worth more than my shee especially if i wait until spring/summer to sell it. im caught between a rock and a hard place. one more thing. i have a kx250 dirtbike that i love riding. i cant haul a bitch through the woods on the dirtscoot tho :spank:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
A 2006 with 18K miles in good stock form and no damage should be worth $3,000 more or less.

I have a 2006 with 21,000 miles and never had a single problem with it. Lots of FZ6 owners have over 50,000 miles without any major service and a few have over 100,000 miles.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for a dirt bike and switched gears figuring I could ride more often, see more places, and get at least 9 months of use per year. Not to mention not needing truck/trailer to get actual use from it.

For me, it made sense to start a new venue on the street! Very reliable bike. As I mentioned in another thread on the same issue (used bike), sitting is more caustic to most vehicles than using them.

So, if you're wanting to switch things up, I'd go for it. Great all around bike!
Also, dirt experience pays dividends when applied to the street. So that's a perk!

Good luck!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
18,000 miles as noted (if oil changed, maintained) is minimal on that bike...

Go for a ride and wind it up, that'll help make your decision..

And lean forward in first gear, alot....:thumbup:

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Tuff call.. I love my FZ6 however, my other bike is a 1984 Yamaha RZ350 two-stroke.. it has the same engine at your banshee. I really love the power to weight of my RZ350..
my two cents, I would not sale my two-stroke! :spank:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Tuff call.. I love my FZ6 however, my other bike is a 1984 Yamaha RZ350 two-stroke.. it has the same engine at your banshee. I really love the power to weight of my RZ350..
my two cents, I would not sale my two-stroke! :spank:

Cause if you did sell that RZ, I'd be PMing you, especially if its the yellow and black bumble Bee paint scheme, :thumbup:

My first street bike was a 1975 RD 350(doesn't compare to the RZ) but I miss the 2 strokes!!

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
This is all personal preference here, but I've ridden banshee's before, and I know they are well loved by many... But I just didn't really dig the motor. Once it was at the power band, it really pulled you. But anywhere but power band felt like the bike was lugging me around with no torque to be found. I enjoyed riding my Can-am Ds 450 much more. It seemed like there was always torque and that thing would pull just as hard as the banshee (to be fair, it has 100cc over it).

With all that said, the FZ6 feels to me like a combination of the banshee and the ds450. Enough low end torque to get you moving quickly, and a screaming "power band" once you get above 8k rpm.