FZ6 Headlight Conversion Question(s)

CanadaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking for creative ideas for the right side (looking at bike head-on) mount, are people mostly taking the triple off and tapping that hole where the outline is? I'm not opposed to this but it's a decent amount of work so I wanted to see first. Anything else I can do that works? I mounted it for a bit with that prong just hanging out where it is, and it obviously looks bad. The left side it looked good and flush, but it left the right side with a big gap since it was sticking out so much.

I don't really understand why it has the tab sticking straight up, as that prevents it from sitting flush underneath, assuming I will be cutting that little bit off.

Probably will be using this thread for other random questions about the conversion too.

jjjjj_LI.jpg

Also, what are these two doohickeys meant for, on the bottom left of the bracket. The screw hole (1) and the little prong sticking off it. (2)

InkedIMG_1089_LI.jpg

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think most single headlight conversions don't require drilling holes or disassembly of the triple assembly.

Maybe check out the conversion assembly and it's instructions before hand to see what might be required. :)

CanadaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I think most single headlight conversions don't require drilling holes or disassembly of the triple assembly.

Maybe check out the conversion assembly and it's instructions before hand to see what might be required. :)

There aren't any instructions with it. :( And I did see a few threads that mention tapping the hole, there isn't anything on that side to mount it. Just on the N version triple, although the spot where the hole would be is marked. Maybe I will just zip tie is right around the triple clamp. One person I saw said they just left it free, but like I said that throws off the alignment quite a bit since it wants to sit more forward than the other side.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There aren't any instructions with it. :( And I did see a few threads that mention tapping the hole, there isn't anything on that side to mount it. Just on the N version triple, although the spot where the hole would be is marked. Maybe I will just zip tie is right around the triple clamp. One person I saw said they just left it free, but like I said that throws off the alignment quite a bit since it wants to sit more forward than the other side.

So are you saying the hole is already there? Or do you have to drill and tap

CanadaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
So are you saying the hole is already there? Or do you have to drill and tap

Sorry, to be more clear I would need to drill and tap it. It has a slight outline only where it would be. I'm leaning towards that right now, despite is being a bit of extra work.