FZ6 Fork Preload Adjustment

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info. It has me wondering if there is an existing fork cap from another bike that would fit the FZ? It might be less $$ and easier to get in the states.

C

CombatPenguin

If it works on the 2007 it would work on the 2008. They look almost the same as the ones that came with my matris fork kit. Mine haven't leaked yet, so they would most likely work fine.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you just get the correct springs for the bike, you should not need to adjust them... for that price, just got with some racetech springs and be done with it.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
If it works on the 2007 it would work on the 2008. They look almost the same as the ones that came with my matris fork kit. Mine haven't leaked yet, so they would most likely work fine.
oh damn.. i thought no company did fork cartridge kit for fz6. i ordered the ohlins front fork springs already and its ready for my mechanic to install.

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a similar setup made for my FZR600. The company that made them was JEM Machine in CA, they were about $125. I'm not sure if they have anything for this larger fork though. It made fine tuning preload very easy and there were 0 issues with sealing (ie oil leaks etc.) as they had some very robust o-rings on them.

DSC00387.jpg

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
if you just get the correct springs for the bike, you should not need to adjust them... for that price, just got with some racetech springs and be done with it.

I'm with you on that. I actually just put in my Hyper Pro springs with 15wt oil. I really like it. My front end is all set now -- I just wish I had a nice way to adjust preload on the fly as you can do with the preload adjusters -- for touring, increase, for sport, decrease, etc.

Before this FZ6, I really never noticed either way those preload/damping adjusters on my previous sportbikes (CBRs) -- now every time mount a sportbike with them, all I do is drool over the adjustable suspension knobs.

I guess as time/experiences happens, you learn more and then you learn more things you want. I can safely say I will never buy another sport bike that lacks adjustable preload/damping on both ends.

Dennis