FZ6 for me tomorrow.......

flhtifz

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I traded my VSTAR for a 2007 FZ6 and I make the trade tomorrow. I've read a TON of info on here and I look forward to getting some seat time on it. I teach high school and 1 of my students with a 2003 Gixxer has already offered to "meet me" at the local 1/8 mile drag. I checked some on line times and there's only a few tenths of a second difference in the 2 bikes, so it actually just boils down to who's quicker off the line, or as we ex-TT racers call it, whoever gets a better "hole shot" will win.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
The gixxer is faster. But hey who knows, with a "good jump" - anything is possible. He is in high school, not that I'm much older. :)

But, :welcome:
This is a great place, lots of good people, and tons of information. Good to have you aboard!

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The gixxer is faster. But hey who knows, with a "good jump" - anything is possible. He is in high school, not that I'm much older. :)

But, :welcome:
This is a great place, lots of good people, and tons of information. Good to have you aboard!
well...gixxer? the 600?? it "only" has 122 bhp at the crank..
and the torque is about the same, plus the gearing for the fz6 should be more towards low end power, and the 1/8 mile (thats 200 meters right??) is done in 1st/2nd gear only..
I would't be surprised if the fz won..

flhtifz

Reaction score
Visit site
The times I found showed the Gixxer winning by only .4 of a second, in a 1/4 mile, NOT an 1/8 mile like we have here. The only time a ran my Kat, my reaction time was .7, so like I said, whoever wins the launch will win the race.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on the new FZ! Get used to the bike before tossing it on the 1/8 mile drag strip. the power delivery and weight distribution will be drastically different from the v-star.

Ride Often and Post Lots!!!

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on the new FZ! Get used to the bike before tossing it on the 1/8 mile drag strip. the power delivery and weight distribution will be drastically different from the v-star.

+1 the FZ is no cruiser.

:welcome: to the forum and make sure you let us know when you whoop that gixxer's butt like this :spank:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and please have someone video you beating your student's gixxer. :D

Heed Rob's words though and get some serious seat time before trying to beat that light.

flhtifz

Reaction score
Visit site
I only had the VSTAR a week, I traded a 1998 Katana for it. I ride a Harley Ultra mostly, but having a sport bike for solo riding is great.
That being said, I picked up the FZ6 this afternoon, an hour away, and had a blast on the way home. Near home, on a 2 lane country road, I downshifted to 1st to slow for a turning car, once clear, I gave it a full wrist of throttle, right up to about 13,500 RPM, nailed 2nd, and yes, you guessed it, the front wheel came up , stayed just a couple seconds and wobbled on it's return to the concrete below, me, staying on the gas for a few more seconds. Did it scare me......no....... it just put a MONSTER SMILE all across my face. I used to TT race a modded Banshee in my younger days, so power doesn't scare me......try a 2 stroke race Banshee !!!
I am completely satisfied with this bike already and from what I hear, the insurance isn't even that bad. Then again, I'm 49 years old and have a perfectly clean driving record, do how bad can the insurance be? Plus I have a mutli bike discount.

W

wrightme43

Awesome man welcome and enjoy your new bike. They are a blast. Dont race the Gixxer in a 1/8th or 1/4 ask him to race to Nashville TN. LOL LOL he will turn back after a hour or two at the most. LOL

lewis6681

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha. I traded my Katana in for a Vstar 1100, then sold that and bought the FZ6. Funny that we both had the same bikes for a while:thumbup: