FZ6 at the track

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ that would be SWEET!!

did my first track day last year on my old bike, looking to do at least 3 this year.
Granted i am nowhere near as impressive but it's what i can do so far...

pits.jpg

20070713b166l.jpg

20070713b085l.jpg

20070713b015l.jpg

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you get to ride that KTM in the background of the first photo? :D I take it you'll be at Louden for all three? Depending on the dates I might venture out there while I'm in upstate NY at some point over the summer...
________
LovelyChloe

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you get to ride that KTM in the background of the first photo? :D I take it you'll be at Louden for all three? Depending on the dates I might venture out there while I'm in upstate NY at some point over the summer...

yeah i will be at loudon for all 3, maybe if i come into a bunch of money i might try to make it down to jersey to the new track if it is completed, but most likely just loudon.

Also i stayed to my own bike that day, i almost took my wifes SV out but i would have been in the doghouse bigtime if i crashed hers.

My Wife on her bike:

TD1.jpg

TD2.jpg

TD3.jpg

TD5.jpg

TD7.jpg

TD6.jpg

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Let me know if you venture out, i will try to make that a trackday for me as well, Tony's Trackdays at loudon actually has a bunch of 2-day events this year on Mon-Tuesdays. and i like 20 minutes from the track :thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
For that video, a Sony Cyber-shot 7.2 (DSC-W55) camera. Funny thing is, it's my fiance's camera and it's pink...nothing like rolling up to the hot pit with a pink camera attached to your tank...lol
________
ROLL A JOINT

Last edited:

Philoz

Reaction score
Visit site
Track days rock! I've done one so far and the bike is far more repsonsive as a result - they love to rev!! I bought a cheap camera mount from ebay for A$50 (US$40?) - simple bracket, no angle adjustment, but does the job just fine. Great results and it picks up the exhaust note well too :) Phil

Graven

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Track Day

I am really really impressed! I am 46 years old and have been riding since I was 9 and I have not learned to turn a lap like that. I am riding an FZ6 that I just picked up last summer after a few years away from the sport, and I would love to ride that way. Go man!!! and be safe!!!

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
hey def i was looking around on the nesbsa board and ame across this.
Midwest track lap times? - NESBA Bulletin Board

you said you run 1:20's, this guy says he runs 1:13's. u look to be running a good clip and all.. but his putnam times arent all that fast (it is on an sv but overall 1:21's isnt mind blowing at all, hell ive hit 1:23.9 and that aint saying nothin). u think hes just alot better at ACC-N or something? cause 7 sec diff would look like you're an expert racer or something. i know the ex wera guys run about 1:16-1:17 at PP in LWT-SB.

Last edited:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
You can see from the video that we're not running open hot laps; my 1:20 time is based on the youtube timer from this video. There are some fast sections of the video and some sections where we're coasting for a second or two and the CR is looking back to make sure the entire group is with us (T2 to T3).

I figure my best times at ACC north if I ran balls out and didn't have to slow for anyone would be 16s or 15s....but I really don't know because I don't have a timer. I signed up for a day there in April so I'll strap on the video camera and we'll see how it goes...maybe I can use a friend's timer.

NESBA times for putnam are as follows --

A times are 1:12 - 1:20
I times are 1:20 - 1:30
B times are 1:30 or greater

I've never ridden there but I'm definitly looking forward to it. A 13 at ACC-N is race pace for sure and according to that thread was good enough for a WERA win. If you're running 24s at Putnam then you're running a middle "I" pace which is just about where I run with them at different tracks.

All this track day talk is killing me...I can't wait for April!!!
________
SexyVampire live

Last edited: