FZ6 at the track

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Link...ACC North - 08.12.2007 with STT

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Z1ERBSzbA"]FZ6 at Autobahn Country Club - North Circut - YouTube[/ame]

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
________
USACollege

Last edited:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I know it's easy to be critical, but I thought he was braking too early typically:eek:

Lol .... I wouldn't know ... Only just over 1k miles into the biking world :)

Looked pretty good to me and a damn site faster than a lot on that track ... Gonna have to try a track day next summer ... Maybe I'll have a better opinion then :p

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I know it's easy to be critical, but I thought he was braking too early typically:eek:

Probably too early to keep up with you! :thumbup:

But that's me running 90%, draggin knees, and running a pretty good line all while being very very smooth and dealing with traffic. 1:20 at that track is a descent track day pace...so yes, much room for improvement....that's what we all love about it!

EDIT - the brake markers...4-3-2-1....are for cars...bikes can't brake as hard or carry as much corner speed so take that for what it's worth. Also, the bike in front of me is a fully race-prepped and punched out Ducati 916...sick!
________
WEB SHOWS

Last edited:

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Probably too early to keep up with you! :thumbup:

But that's me running 90%, draggin knees, and running a pretty good line all while being very very smooth and dealing with traffic. 1:20 at that track is a descent track day pace...so yes, much room for improvement....that's what we all love about it!

EDIT - the brake markers...4-3-2-1....are for cars...bikes can't brake as hard or carry as much corner speed so take that for what it's worth. Also, the bike in front of me is a fully race-prepped and punched out Ducati 916...sick!

Sorry DefyInertia, I didn't realise it was a forum user in the clip. And, like I said it's easy to be an armchair critic.

If I'd been there, all you'd have seen of me, would have been me getting smaller in your mirrors :eek:

J

jeffm

DefyInertia very nice looks like a lot of fun very smooth. I have been looking into a track day and getting instruction through them. It will take me awhile before I am comfortable riding like you. Did you do anything to your FZ6 to get it ready for the track? Are you riding on the stock tires?

Thanks

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
What was the guy trying to tell you at the end there?

He was telling me to pass him but I was telling him there was a RED flag and our session was over....there was a rider down somewhere else on the track.

I have been looking into a track day and getting instruction through them.

You should do it! The following links will help you get started.

TrackDays , NESBA : Northeast Sports Bike Association & Sportbike Track Time - Get on the right track !! Toll Free #888-390-4020

Let me know if you have any other questions about getting out on the track.

Did you do anything to your FZ6 to get it ready for the track? Are you riding on the stock tires

I have to do basic track day prep. (tape the lights, remove license plate, etc.) which varies depending on how fast of a group you choose to ride with.

I've updgraded the front suspension (racetechs plus 15wt) and the brakes (ss lines, EBC HH pads, new fluid).

I'm running pilot powers: great wet or dry tires - my only complaint is that the rear tire likes to step out under power when it's very hot.

:needpics:

Lookin a little crossed up in the last picture...
________
Park Royal 1 Prathumnak Pattaya

Last edited:

g_general

StarFrazed
Reaction score
Visit site
Fantastic. Now I love my FZ6 even more. Just got it 2 weeks ago and can't wait until it is broken in and I can take it to track....:rockon:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
hey defy, how much did the racetech cost you (everything included.. do it yourself or your tech?)?

and did you feel a big diff in the new breaks?

thx

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
hey defy, how much did the racetech cost you (everything included.. do it yourself or your tech?)?

and did you feel a big diff in the new breaks?

thx

I posted a step-by-step sticky with prices on the other forum but total cost for everything was about $115 and I did it myself. Based on the mods I've seen you do so far, you could definitly do it yourself.

The new brake pads and fluid made a huge difference in total stopping power and resistance to fade. The SS lines simply improve initial bite and overall feel/feedback.
________
VAPORIZER WIKI

Last edited:

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a chance to take my 07 FZ6 out on a racetrack a couple of weeks ago. It was really something else - thrill of a lifetime! It was also very humbling as it was a lot harder than I expected... highly recommended.