Fz1

David Thompson

Reaction score
Visit site
i would have to say i agree with the OP, it is possible for a bike to be "too" fast for many people with low levels of discipline such as myself.

The fz6 seems to be the right amount of speed without feeling like you are going to spin the tire and high side it.

tlegend

Reaction score
Visit site
i would have to say i agree with the OP, it is possible for a bike to be "too" fast for many people with low levels of discipline such as myself.

The fz6 seems to be the right amount of speed without feeling like you are going to spin the tire and high side it.

so true... my last sports bike got me in trouble 600rr, i want to cruise more so i think fz6 is great for that..

drove 150+ miles so far and hit 8k plus once only...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+5 for a Cool Thread and thanks for coming back and post'n javahaxxor!

I was about to ask Erci how he liked the torque of the 1 vs the 6 and get a feel for the ponies the new beast lays to the ground so this helped answer that! :thumbup:

Philippe1985 made an excellent point about the 6 having what is has in a safe way as you have to reach for it. And this is good for many of us with snappy wrists who like to twist! (I fit in that bucket easily. . .)
What I miss is the torque and well I'd prefer more grunt and less shifting. I'm not one to lug an engine and if I feel it working to hard I drop a gear. Having riden liter bikes, I miss the pull from down low. :(

But this comment by javahaxxor (adulterated comment by me) is Cool and I completely agree! - the 6 is nimble, agile, and very neutral.
For me I I love to flop it from side to side in the switch backs! It's the best feeling ever and if I lost that over having the nose get light on demand, I would be very disappointed!

Having said that, I'd guess its just a matter of getting used to it and getting the right tires on it and it'll get all floppy on ya Erci!

FZ1 one day. . .
:rolleyes:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd guess its just a matter of getting used to it and getting the right tires on it and it'll get all floppy on ya Erci!

FZ1 one day. . .
:rolleyes:

Yeah don't get me wrong.. FZ1 is phenomenal! It's just that to ride it in the same rev-happy spirited manner I could ride FZ6, I'd pretty much have to stay in 1st gear in 45-55mph twisties.. it seems wrong somehow and it's still not the same because there's no need to shift.. but I LIKE shifting (rev matching and getting it perfect feels so rewarding!)

koolcat

Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to hear how the fz8 fits into this conversation..anybody rode one?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My FJR is certainly not an FZ1 but with the bags off and 145 HP with a red line of 9500, its very easy to get into triple digits (with nice stock, stealthy mufflers) without a lot of throttle.

That FZ1, if its like the FJR, goes thru rear tires considerably faster than the FZ6. The bigger bikes have more torque, the FJR will easily power wheelie (thottle only) at 4K RPM's in first and a little higher in 2nd...

The last couple of road trips(on the FJR with side bags and rear box), my friend and I had had more fun JUST GETTING ON the interstate ramps. With no traffic, we'd get to 120MPH and have to slow down for interstate traffic without worring about radar/lazer guns....

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Completely off topic but fjrs will also do very nice doughnuts as well...lol all.the way into the ground. I wish i could have got my.camera out in time to get it but last night i was at a buddys house for bike night and a few of the guys rode fjrs well one came in late and was alrady pissed because he coyldnt find the place then he passed the drive way. So he turned around and guned it back to.the driveway (dirt btw) and i dont know if he tried sliding around the corner or what.but he pinned it in 2nd and the tail came out he was off the bike standing still holding the gass wide open and the bike did 2 complete 360s as it spun its way into the ground...he picked it up rode it up parked got off and said "i ment to do that" lol this is also the same guy who.has totaled 3 fjrs, the last one he was out watching the races at indy and on his way home slid into a guard rail bending his frame, so what does he do, not call a tow truck, too easy, gets a ratchet strap and hooks to the back left o the bike to.go over his right shoulder to hook to.the rigt side handle bars so it wouldn't fight him on his ride home....lol he is about 55 and has more money the sense lol, sorry but i had to share that, as you were

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Completely off topic but fjrs will also do very nice doughnuts as well...lol all.the way into the ground. I wish i could have got my.camera out in time to get it but last night i was at a buddys house for bike night and a few of the guys rode fjrs well one came in late and was alrady pissed because he coyldnt find the place then he passed the drive way. So he turned around and guned it back to.the driveway (dirt btw) and i dont know if he tried sliding around the corner or what.but he pinned it in 2nd and the tail came out he was off the bike standing still holding the gass wide open and the bike did 2 complete 360s as it spun its way into the ground...he picked it up rode it up parked got off and said "i ment to do that" lol this is also the same guy who.has totaled 3 fjrs, the last one he was out watching the races at indy and on his way home slid into a guard rail bending his frame, so what does he do, not call a tow truck, too easy, gets a ratchet strap and hooks to the back left o the bike to.go over his right shoulder to hook to.the rigt side handle bars so it wouldn't fight him on his ride home....lol he is about 55 and has more money the sense lol, sorry but i had to share that, as you were

Great story and thunbs-up for typing that all up on your phone! (no pun intended :D )

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Oh, that's funny, LOL!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My FJR is certainly not an FZ1 but with the bags off and 145 HP with a red line of 9500, its very easy to get into triple digits (with nice stock, stealthy mufflers) without a lot of throttle.

That FZ1, if its like the FJR, goes thru rear tires considerably faster than the FZ6. The bigger bikes have more torque, the FJR will easily power wheelie (thottle only) at 4K RPM's in first and a little higher in 2nd...

The last couple of road trips(on the FJR with side bags and rear box), my friend and I had had more fun JUST GETTING ON the interstate ramps. With no traffic, we'd get to 120MPH and have to slow down for interstate traffic without worring about radar/lazer guns....

My FZ1 will spin the rear tire in third. :D

It's pretty good in tires for everyday riding. I was getting about 3,200 out of Pilot 2CT on the rear. I'm running plain Diablos now, hence the wheel spin.