FZ1 owner new to FZ6 forum

CorrectionsK9

Reaction score
Visit site
New to the forum and a currently own a 2007 FZ1 and a slew of other older GSXR's. I just moved to SW Florida and have been thinking about buying a mid size bike also. So Id like to read up on the FZ6 :thumbup:

Thanks Craig

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, Craig!
I owned FZ6 for few years and went to FZ1, few years ago.
Let us know if you're looking for any specific items you're looking to compare.
Loads of info about FZ6 as well as FZ6 compared to FZ1 on this forum.

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
I went the other way. Had an '07 FZ-1 I'm now on an '05 FZ-6. The Little Fazer is much harder to ride well (fast) but much more rewarding when you do. The six is not a point and shoot bike. Lots of point but not much shoot.
Way more point then the one, way less shoot. More fun, better mileage, cheaper insurance.
The One has better brakes stock although I fixed that with SS lines and Organic (CF/Kevlar) pads. As long as you keep your rev over 12, the six will be frisky. Not a race bike (too heavy, like the one) but frisky.
Once I got the front sorted and the 520 on the back, transition was amazing.
Just as flickable as a ZZR 600. Maybe more. Much better then the one.
If I remember correctly, the one was a little more relaxed in the riding position. I'm hanging some Rizoma's this weekend that I hope will fix that.:D

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome. If you already own the FZ1 and like it, I'm curious as to why you're considering the FZ6 as a second bike in addition to the FZ1. I think they're too similar. What's your reasons for adding a mid-size bike to your garage? If it's for something lighter/sportier, I think there's better choices out there.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It will be tough to find a new one since the FZ6 hasn't been in production since 09. Don't get confused with the FZ6R, which replaced it. Totally different bike. You may also want to consider the FZ7, 8 and 9.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
oh haiii!!!

I also kinda went the wrong way, from a R1 to staying with the FZ6, however, I do miss the torque. Its like the Ws6 to the Formula, the Cobra to the GT, the SS to the RS, the ZO6 to the base vette.....the 6 will still FLY, but you (in this case) cant replace the displacement.

the fz6 is just more practical, I tried a few fz1's and the bars were too low to be as ergonomic as the fz6, which is easily changed.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried a few fz1's and the bars were too low to be as ergonomic as the fz6, which is easily changed.

Yeah, as you said bar position can be changed via risers/diff bar, etc.
Here's what's interesting though: FZ1 with stock handlebar is MORE upright with shorter seat-to-bar distance than an FZ6 with FZ1 bar (which so many of us used).