FZ1 Handle bar install

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I installed a set of FZ1 handlebars last night on my 2007 FZ6. What a difference! Makes me wonder why Yamaha doesn't use the FZ1 bars as OEM. Anyone who is looking for a slightly more aggressive riding position, without losing any comfort at all, I cannot recommend this mod enough. The angle is pretty much perfect for me, I am 6'0". Best $30 spent to date. It took me a little over an hour to make the switch. Pics to be posted soon, although I don't have any before and after. Just after.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
i just did this too. huge improvement and i just took a 1000km trip and I loved it. I'll post up some pics as well on this thread so we only have one FZ1 handle bar thread. unlike oil threads:rolleyes:

jsp

Easyrider
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a nice and easy mod. The FZ1 handlebar has many advantages but has one disadvantage: it is a bit wider.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i totally want to do this. went to the dealer today sat on an fz1 the bar is so much better.

downside was i asked how much and they told me 150 bucks for just parts where can u get it for 30????

jsp

Easyrider
Reaction score
Visit site
i totally want to do this. went to the dealer today sat on an fz1 the bar is so much better.

downside was i asked how much and they told me 150 bucks for just parts where can u get it for 30????

150$ ? = It must be Goldplated! :Flip:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think this is the part number for the handlebar from the 2006 fz1:

2D1-26111-00-00 HANDLEBAR

im gonna call yamaha tomorrow and if its not that expensive ill order it thru them directly. thieving bastard local shops!!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a nice and easy mod. The FZ1 handlebar has many advantages but has one disadvantage: it is a bit wider.

Just cut them down. I have always cut my bars down on my dirtbikes, they come way too wide.

I am sure you can find the bend and sweep of the FZ1 bars and get a set of Renthals or something of that nature that will be lighter and will offer a bit more flex.

-bryan

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Pics

My pics. I have some of the bike before the handle bar but the pics do not focus on the stock bar.

First pic is stock.

I dont mind the extra length. I don't even notice it. I also have the bar rotated that at full lock I'm about 1mm away from the tank.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I did this mod as well and love it, easy cheap and a huge diffrence, i thought the width was a disadvantage at first, bu the more i rode the more i liked the position of my hands.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my wrists feel better just looking at those pics.....

cuz seriously, the stock hand position is just painful unless u bend ur elbows inwards it puts strain on your wrists...all of yamaha's other bikes are fine, its just the fz6 that has handlebars like that.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Speaking of Renthals - I have a spare set of red renthal bars I got for my offroad bike but never used. I might whack them on to see how it is. They will definitely need to be trimmed but that's fine.

Gemini77

Reaction score
Visit site
Im 6ft 2 inchs and I have been looking for a more agressive stance on the bike with out being bent al the way over.....I think this might be it.....do you guys think if I go sit on a FZ1, it will give me a good idea of how it would be on the FZ6???