FZ1 Bars

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'm going to treat myself to the FZ1 bars in a few weeks. My bike is a red 07. What color bars, levers, and grips should I get? Red, Black, or stay with the silver?

2006 2010 Yamaha FZ1 FZ 1 FZS10 FZ1000 Handlebar Black | eBay

2006 2010 Yamaha FZ1 FZ 1 FZS10 FZ1000 Handlebar Red | eBay

or Metric Parts Outlets' OEM Parts Finder

and these risers?

1" Up 1 25" Back Handlebar Risers Yamaha FZ1 FZ6 | eBay
and grips.
Motorcycle Custom Handle Bar Grip 22mm 7 8" Yamaha MT 01 FZ 1 6 8 R1 R6 YBR 250 | eBay

and what color levers?
Clutch Brake Lever for Yamaha YZF R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 Fazer | eBay

Any ideas?:confused: If you have better links, please post them for me.:rockon:
Thanks.:thumbup:

Sean1274

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same bike and I was thinking of changing over to the fz1 bars this winter. I think I am going with black bars, red levers and I like those grips you picked out.:thumbup:

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely go black or silver. By the way, the FZ1 bars are the 2nd best mod I've done to my bike! (right behind my two bros exhaust)

You'll just love the change!

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are doing FZ1 bars AND risers, have you looked at the FZ8 bar? It has the rise built in with the sweep of the FZ1 bars that you're after... I love my FZ1 bar with no riser, best mod I've done (and it was cheap to boot).

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
are you getting regular or shorty levers? I also am thinking about doing what you're doing but sticking to black grips, silver levers (not sure if regular or shorty yet) and silver fz1 bar.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are doing FZ1 bars AND risers, have you looked at the FZ8 bar? It has the rise built in with the sweep of the FZ1 bars that you're after... I love my FZ1 bar with no riser, best mod I've done (and it was cheap to boot).

+1! If I was doing this today, I would go with FZ8/FZ6R bar.

massaudio

Reaction score
Visit site
I went with the black FZ1 bar, Red grips to match the bike, and black levers. I love the look. Will see if I can take some pics for you. BTW, the FZ1 bar mod is by far the best mod !!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
are you getting regular or shorty levers? I also am thinking about doing what you're doing but sticking to black grips, silver levers (not sure if regular or shorty yet) and silver fz1 bar.

Not sure yet. I'm getting ideas for what color combo to try.:confused:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Something Black. . . .
picture.php

Perhaps this winter the triple and top clamp in black?.. .. ..

Last edited:

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent point! FZ6R bar FTW!

The FZ6R bar has the same rise as the stock FZ6, but with the sweep angle of the FZ1. So if you wanted the option of a more aggressive stance, go with the FZ1 bar. But if you were planning on putting risers on anyways, might as well go with a bar with rise built in.

I made my own FZ6R bar, sorta. I bent a stock handlebar straighter, so the sweep angle was less. Then I painted it black. There's pics in my thread http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/47061-stock-fz6-handlebar-un-bent-painted.html