FZ1 Bars

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're looking for levers, this guy on my local forum sells them. Mike's a great guy and there's a bunch of reviews on svrider and bandofriders. I haven't bought them, but from what I've heard, the quality is up to par with the expensive levers/
http://434racer.com/Products.html

No offense, but these are the same as all the other *cheap* sets. They're all made in the same factory by same people. Lots of sellers on eBay and lots of eCommerce sites sell them.

They're perfectly nice levers and I'd certainly buy them from a friend if the price was comparable and there was no delay in shipping.

Machining quality is quite good, but anodizing is not. These fade faster than expensive ones (yes, expensive ones fade too.. eventually.. seen several pictures on FZ1 forums).

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Black if you'd like them to fade to a browny bronze colour after a few weeks otherwise silver.

(I've had 3 sets on the FZ6 now which all faded, gave up in the end and got silver)

Wow, I guess siver it is then.:rockon:

You guys are such a big help.:cheer:

Thanks.:thumbup:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I got some Pro Grips 724s for $8 from Cycle Gear to go with the new bars.:cheer: They did a price match from an online store for me.:rockon:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I got the FZ1 bars, Pro Grip 724 blk/rd, adjustable folding leveres blk/rd, and OES frame sliders.

I sould have them on the bike next weekend. Photos will follow.:thumbup:

megatronixs

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put some fz1 bars on I like them so far, it puts you in your seat better I'm likeing that, lean a little more aggresive which is fun.

Also Not to threat jack here but @finalimpact what preload adjusters are those?

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Very happy with the new bars. :cheer: It was a very easy and cheap mod.:rockon:

I have to say that it's a must have mod, like the dual head lights.:thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just put some fz1 bars on I like them so far, it puts you in your seat better I'm likeing that, lean a little more aggresive which is fun.

Also Not to threat jack here but @finalimpact what preload adjusters are those?

R6

10 chara

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dog Approved!! lol
46193d1357528643-fz1-bars-sam_0470.jpg

Looks nice! Remember to adjust the lever angle to be parallel to the forearms and hands while in riding position aka feet up!

Last edited:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it will take a few miles to get all the adjustments for my needs.:confused: So far so goog.:thumbup: I need to remove my tank to adjust the clutch but I very happy with the cheap mods.:rockon:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
With the new Metzelers and the FZ1 bars, my bike is on rails. I can do things now that I could never do stock. Turns are a joy now, and I can take them with confidence.:thumbup:
Over the weekend I rode one full tank, and no pain in the wrist, and I didn't have to shake my hands to keep them from being numb.:cheer:
If I had ABS, and brembo brakes, this would be the best sub 800cc bike in the world.:thumbup:
It's going to be a great spring.:rockon:

Tzinskis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I'm new to the bike word, always been more of a car guy (WRXs), but I just picked up an '05 FZ6. I'm looking to do a naked conversion, with lower, drag style bars. I like to looks of the FZ1 bar, but before I run out and by one, I just want to clarify a few things. 1. The clearance looks really tight, are there any clearance issues I should know about? 2. Is there a certain generation bar that everyone is using? and 3. what about cable length issues for going to a zero rise bar? Is this a problem? and finally 4. Is it just as simple as pulling everything off the original bar and putting back on the new bar? Thanks.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I'm new to the bike word, always been more of a car guy (WRXs), but I just picked up an '05 FZ6. I'm looking to do a naked conversion, with lower, drag style bars. I like to looks of the FZ1 bar, but before I run out and by one, I just want to clarify a few things. 1. The clearance looks really tight, are there any clearance issues I should know about? 2. Is there a certain generation bar that everyone is using? and 3. what about cable length issues for going to a zero rise bar? Is this a problem? and finally 4. Is it just as simple as pulling everything off the original bar and putting back on the new bar? Thanks.

1. You have to rotate the bar and controls a certain way and clearance will not be an issue (controls will clear the tank by at least 1/4". Easy to figure out once you have it installed.
2. I can guarantee that 06 or newer FZ1 bar will work. (that's Gen II FZ1).
3. Cable length will not be an issue at all.
4. Almost that simple.. FZ6 controls have little tabs that fit into the holes in FZ6 bar. FZ1 bar does not have these holes. You have 2 options: file off the tabs (that's what I did) or drill the FZ1 bar.

Tzinskis

Reaction score
Visit site
1. You have to rotate the bar and controls a certain way and clearance will not be an issue (controls will clear the tank by at least 1/4". Easy to figure out once you have it installed.
2. I can guarantee that 06 or newer FZ1 bar will work. (that's Gen II FZ1).
3. Cable length will not be an issue at all.
4. Almost that simple.. FZ6 controls have little tabs that fit into the holes in FZ6 bar. FZ1 bar does not have these holes. You have 2 options: file off the tabs (that's what I did) or drill the FZ1 bar.

Thanks for the help.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
You have 2 options: file off the tabs or drill the FZ1 bar.

I filed off the tap, and it made the mod easy as pie.:rockon: The bars are only around $40 shipped.:thumbup:

If you're thinking about doing this mod, Go for it. It's worth the 1hr and under $50 buck to do it.:thumbup:

This mod, and my new Z8s is like getting a new Sport bike.:thumbup:

Tzinskis

Reaction score
Visit site
You have 2 options: file off the tabs or drill the FZ1 bar.

I filed off the tap, and it made the mod easy as pie.:rockon: The bars are only around $40 shipped.:thumbup:

If you're thinking about doing this mod, Go for it. It's worth the 1hr and under $50 buck to do it.:thumbup:

This mod, and my new Z8s is like getting a new Sport bike.:thumbup:

Is there any down sides to filling the tabs? Is there a greater chance for the controls to slip with the tabs gone?