FZ1 bars.. Quick question!

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
How does one fasten the stock bar ends? Haven't tried mounting the bars yet but remember someone on here saying that the bars are supposed to be threaded.. Mine however are smooth, except for the change in inner diameter.. Take a look at the pictures and you'll see what I mean. So the real question is, will the stock FZ6 bar ends fit on these FZ1 bars?

Last edited:

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as I know, they have to be threaded for the stock barends to fit. Otherwise you will have to buy aftermarket.

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Well.. These came straight from a Yamaha dealer. I thought the bar ends on the FZ1 were almost the same as the FZ6.. Does that mean that the bars are wrong/faulted?

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about the differences between the FZ6 and FZ1. I just remember that my stock barends were threaded to match the stock bar. I suppose you could always just try it as long as you don't force it.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I know a few people on here have done it and I don't remember hearing anything about problems with the bar ends, so I would assume they would work. Personally, I didn't even know they were threaded.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When i changed Bars, not to FZ1 bars, but drag bars (very similar, but cheaper), i had to get new bar ends, as the FZ6 bars are threaded.

:thumbup:

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Return that bar back to Yamaha. The bar is supposed to have a threaded sleeve welded inside each end. Bar ends on both bikes are the same.

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! I just know that some have been able to use the stock bar ends with the FZ1 bars so I guess I got the wrong type..