fz1 bars help please.

cookies

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, i hear LOTS about these fz1 bars, and when i first got my bike i was like meh i don't need it... after all the riding ive been doing, i find the position those bars put you at KILLS my left arm, i dunno why, but it's just killing me, and we get LOTS AND LOTS of wind down here around the ocean and backroads and at night i lean into my windshield sometimes, and these bars are NOT friendly for that. so i have a few questions.

About how much do the fz1 bars cost.
is it "hard" to put them on? or something basically anyone can do, what tools are needed.
and is the riding position put you more hunched over ( thats what im lookin for ) id like to kindabend down into the bars rather than sit straight up.
Thanks again :):Flash::Flash:

oh also, will it work even with my front fairings on it? like the side pieces, all the pics ive seen with the fz1 bars are on street fighter conversions.. so not much with the fairings.

FZ-B

Reaction score
Visit site
Do a search, lots of info on this upgrade. I paid around $20 for mine but got a good discount. I think they list for $30/35

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
About how much do the fz1 bars cost.

About $35 shipped. Many places to get them online.

is it "hard" to put them on? or something basically anyone can do, what tools are needed.

Easy to put on. You will need a Phillips screwdriver, hex keys, wd40 and rubbing alcohol if you plan to reuse original grips (many ways to do this though) and either a Dremel or a drill (depending on how you decide to handle plastic control tab).

and is the riding position put you more hunched over ( thats what im lookin for ) id like to kindabend down into the bars rather than sit straight up.
Thanks again :):Flash::Flash:

Yes, FZ1 bar will be about an inch lower and grips will be about an inch more forward.

oh also, will it work even with my front fairings on it? like the side pieces, all the pics ive seen with the fz1 bars are on street fighter conversions.. so not much with the fairings.

Yes, no issues running FZ1 bar with fairing.

Anesi

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put on fz1 bars on yesterday and there is nothing to it really.

This was my first mod (and first time I've ever done any work on any vehicle :steve:) so naturally there was a little bit of shaky-hands, but once you get in to it, it all really makes sense.

It took me and my dad (who like me has zero hours of bike-modding-xp) a couple of hours to do. Mostly because we got the throttle cables swapped around and had to do them over again. Since everything was new to us we took our time looking and figuring out each step, and it paid off. One thing that also took a little bit of extra figuring out was the little knop in the bottom of the throttle housing. As we hadn't noticed it, we couldn't quite figure out why the housing didn't assemble nicely. Then I remembered reading about it on this awesome forum and we grinded the thing off and the housing was assembled nicely.

Other than that, there really was no trouble. Pretty much bolt-off, bolt-on... so I say go for it :thumbup: I love the little bit of extra lean forward you get, and imo it makes the whole from look more clean somehow.

Best of luck

/Anesi

PS: Pay extra attention when positioning the height of the bars. You don't want the housings on each side slamming into your tank before it hits the steering lock.