Fun day

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Weather was gorgeous today! Logged about 180 miles on the bike. Went to Lake Anna in Spotsylvania, Virginia. Probably should have asked Teeter if he wanted to go.:spank: Got to practice an emergency skidding stop - kind of fun. Anyone else enjoy the nice weather today?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did! My wife and I were at my Mom's house 210 miles north for the long weekend. We drove back this afternoon taking all back roads. It was awesome! Great ride! Perfect weather.

This, after the Northeast meet LAST weekend! :thumbup: So, We've done over 1000 miles in just over a week. Whew!

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did! My wife and I were at my Mom's house 210 miles north for the long weekend. We drove back this afternoon taking all back roads. It was awesome! Great ride! Perfect weather.

This, after the Northeast meet LAST weekend! :thumbup: So, We've done over 1000 miles in just over a week. Whew!

Wow, that's alot of riding! I hope the back roads had lots of great twisties.:D

A

Aggietaco

Still feeling out the new bike, I made another trip around Lake Travis here in Austin. Did about 55 miles and called it a morning before all the trucks & trailers hit the road for the Lake. Beautiful morning though, almost felt nice outside with my old leathers on!

Last edited by a moderator:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, that's alot of riding! I hope the back roads had lots of great twisties.:D

Some but a lot of it was long sweepers and then a lot of 55 mph straights with hills. Vermont is the place up here for twisties! :rockon:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Still feeling out the new bike, I made another trip around Lake Travis here in Austin. Did about 55 miles and called it a morning before all the trucks & trailers hit the road for the Lake. Beautiful morning though, almost felt nice outside with my old leathers on!

So how do you like the new bike so far?

A

Aggietaco

So how do you like the new bike so far?

I'm loving it. :thumbup:

Haven't really done much to stretch her legs yet, so it's mainly just being out in the open again that I missed so much. My new gear should be here late this week or early next week, so I'll wait until then to really try her out. May have to make a dash into the Hill Country this weekend if my gear gets here in time.

And there's still that pesky licensing thing I need to handle this week...

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got a few pics of family and friends from the Lake Anna bike trip - just thought I would share.:Flash:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gorgeous day here as well, I hopped on the bike with a book bag full of towel, ipod, book and suntan lotion...logged more time at the beach than on the bike :rockon:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gorgeous day here as well, I hopped on the bike with a book bag full of towel, ipod, book and suntan lotion...logged more time at the beach than on the bike :rockon:

Sounds like fun! My wife just got back from Toronto - she said the weather was absolutely beautiful there too.:rockon:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like fun! My wife just got back from Toronto - she said the weather was absolutely beautiful there too.:rockon:

Yep! I am about 2-3 hours north of there, on Lake Huron instead of Lake Ontario. She sure picked a gorgeous time to pop up here, has been beautiful! High 20's, low 30's. Perfect for the beach. (plus today was the first day of school for the kids, so I got sleep time in the sun, no kids to eagle eye and could take bike instead of truck with all the beach crapola)

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep! I am about 2-3 hours north of there, on Lake Huron instead of Lake Ontario. She sure picked a gorgeous time to pop up here, has been beautiful! High 20's, low 30's. Perfect for the beach. (plus today was the first day of school for the kids, so I got sleep time in the sun, no kids to eagle eye and could take bike instead of truck with all the beach crapola)

Glad you could take some time out and soak up some sun. It's good to get out and live a little. It funny how us Americans think in the English scales. You mention 20's and 30's - I have to remember it's in Celsius.:rolleyes: My wife told me Americans get pulled over all the time there for going 90 MPH instead of 90 KPH.:D Anyways - off to bed for me.:Flash:

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I got out for a 120 miler on Labor Day, with a friend who has to sell his beautiful Harley Road King to get money to control pests in his house. That must be the worst possible heart-vs-mind type of decision to ever make! Anyway, we road the twisty roads up and down the Santa Cruz mountains, up along Pacific Coast Highway, into Pacifica, back home from there. Great riding in that area, and we had an early start so we had the roads to ourselves before the lunatics were up yet. No crowd at Alice's Restaurant, either.

Rushiku

Reaction score
Visit site
It's been ridiculously hot here the past few days, 95+, humid, you get the picture, went out anyway yesterday - loving my mesh jacket. :D

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got out for a 120 miler on Labor Day, with a friend who has to sell his beautiful Harley Road King to get money to control pests in his house. That must be the worst possible heart-vs-mind type of decision to ever make! Anyway, we road the twisty roads up and down the Santa Cruz mountains, up along Pacific Coast Highway, into Pacifica, back home from there. Great riding in that area, and we had an early start so we had the roads to ourselves before the lunatics were up yet. No crowd at Alice's Restaurant, either.

What a strange set of circumstances for your friend. Hope he can figure something else out instead of selling his bike. I've always wanted to ride out west. I've only been as far west as Vegas because I have family there. But even certain areas there look like a lot of fun to ride (definitely not The Strip) - traffic:eek: When you say Alice's Restaurant, is that the one from that older sitcom show? Got any pictures of the Santa Cruz mountains? I'll bet it is beautiful out that way.:rockon:

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Weather was gorgeous today! Logged about 180 miles on the bike. Went to Lake Anna in Spotsylvania, Virginia. Probably should have asked Teeter if he wanted to go.:spank: Got to practice an emergency skidding stop - kind of fun. Anyone else enjoy the nice weather today?

Get me next time, brother. I think my wife would have frowned upon me ditching her (and our bbq guests) on Labor Day anyway. Where in VA do you live?

I commute every day on the bike, but I've been neglecting it on weekends. I'm the anti weekend warrior I guess. I have to fix that!

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Get me next time, brother. I think my wife would have frowned upon me ditching her (and our bbq guests) on Labor Day anyway. Where in VA do you live?

I commute every day on the bike, but I've been neglecting it on weekends. I'm the anti weekend warrior I guess. I have to fix that!

I live on the "South side". Pretty Close to Courthouse Road and Hull Street a little bit north of Rockwood Park. My address actually says Richmond, VA but I am in Chesterfield county.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The weather is fantastic here today too, I might leave work early and take the long way home :thumbup:

Wow! Looks like you live really close to the water. I've always wanted to visit Australia, but wasn't sure if I could sit on a plane for that long.:D Hope you have a great ride.:thumbup:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's been ridiculously hot here the past few days, 95+, humid, you get the picture, went out anyway yesterday - loving my mesh jacket. :D

I should be wearing mine :spank: (mesh jacket) since the liner can be zipped out. Hope you get a break from the heat soon.