FS: TopSaddlery Newly Covered Seat

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
No Longer FS: TopSaddlery Newly Covered Seat

Up for sale is a seat that I purchased recently from another member. It was advertised as a new Top Saddlery seat but as near as I can figure it is actually an OEM seat that has been recovered by Top Saddlery. The TopSaddlery cover includes silver stitching and an FZ6 logo.

I was unable to resolve the discrepancy with the member/seller and am putting it up for sale again because I was after the improved comfort not just the looks of a TopSaddlery seat. I paid $285 including shipping and would like to recover as much of the price as I can but realize that I won't be able to get it all back. So I invite offers but please realize that from a shape/foam perspective you are getting an OEM seat with an attractive cover. You will also have to transfer the rubber bumpers on the bottom from your OEM seat to this one. It should fit all years - it was test fit on my 2004 in the pictures. The pictures include my stock seat side-by-side for comparison. Thanks for looking.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bcityroller/TopSaddleryCoveredFZ6Seat?authkey=Gv1sRgCNHE-6qlyqvDigE#

Camera%2003-18-09%20016.jpg

Camera%2003-18-09%20014.jpg

Camera%2003-18-09%20015.jpg

Camera%2003-18-09%20019.jpg

Camera%2003-18-09%20020.jpg

Last edited:

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks really nice but I see what you mean it is identical in shape to the standard seat hence the lack of comfort factor you mention.

Up for sale is a seat that I purchased recently from another member. It was advertised as a new Top Saddlery seat but as near as I can figure it is actually an OEM seat that has been recovered by Top Saddlery. The TopSaddlery cover includes silver stitching and an FZ6 logo.

I was unable to resolve the discrepancy with the member/seller and am putting it up for sale again because I was after the improved comfort not just the looks of a TopSaddlery seat. I paid $285 including shipping and would like to recover as much of the price as I can but realize that I won't be able to get it all back. So I invite offers but please realize that from a shape/foam perspective you are getting an OEM seat with an attractive cover. You will also have to transfer the rubber bumpers on the bottom from your OEM seat to this one. It should fit all years - it was test fit on my 2004 in the pictures. The pictures include my stock seat side-by-side for comparison. Thanks for looking.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bcityroller/TopSaddleryCoveredFZ6Seat?authkey=Gv1sRgCNHE-6qlyqvDigE#

Camera%2003-18-09%20016.jpg

Camera%2003-18-09%20014.jpg

Camera%2003-18-09%20015.jpg

Camera%2003-18-09%20019.jpg

Camera%2003-18-09%20020.jpg

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I say we just beat the piss out of the member that wouldn't settle the discrepancy. This forum is based on honesty and comraderie. To advertise this as a full Top Saddlery seat as you mentioned, is just plain dishonesty. I hope you get as much of your money back as possible and somehow get this guy back for being a dishonest prick.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have seen this type of things on other forums and I can never understand why the name of the seller is never given up.

If you think he has intentionally misled you, so you would buy this seat then you should say so and tell us who it was.

If he is selling something else next week I do not want to be duped as you were.

So who is it and let us see what they have to say about this.

Steve

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
Its not a mystery, there was a big ole thread about someone wanting to come see the seat and the seller quickly finding a new buyer.

I almost bought a windshield from the guy, glad I did not now.

But people often dont name names so as to protect themselves from any forum rules.