Front turn signals???

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I've actually also been wondering what flush mounts look like on the 2007+ FZ's when mounting them directly onto the plate where the stock signals are mounted. I've seen flush mounts when people put on fairings, but not directly onto the plate. Any pictures out there?

microage97

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a set of the 2wheels flush mounts and they have a stem and nylon nut on them. I think they will work with the stock plates but I am unsure.

Dave

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These are large signals and will fit completely over the stock hole. The problem is the FZ plastic curves and these are meant to be mounted on a flat surface. They have a metal base that bends, but you have to drill holes to make them fit.

I started messing with them last weekend, but I did not finish. The mounting hole in front sits over the stock signal opening. So far I've used a toggle bolt to secure the front. This is a work in progress. When I get the details worked out, I'll post pictures.

On the plus side, they are very bright and you can see them in daylight. But I upgraded to LED lights, both running and turn indicating.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay. I'm going to try and post some pictures. Don't get your panties in a bunch when you see the wire nuts, they were for test purposes only!

You'll get an idea how big these are by referencing the dime in the first picture. This is my test mounting, not really sure how tight I can go before deforming the plastic or breaking it. This piece was already broken. You can see in the fourth picture they really are not flush. Obviously the bolts will have to be trimmed down to size. The last picture shows the mounting bracket without the lens cover and LED.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay. I'm going to try and post some pictures. Don't get your panties in a bunch when you see the wire nuts, they were for test purposes only!

You'll get an idea how big these are by referencing the dime in the first picture. This is my test mounting, not really sure how tight I can go before deforming the plastic or breaking it. This piece was already broken. You can see in the fourth picture they really are not flush. Obviously the bolts will have to be trimmed down to size. The last picture shows the mounting bracket without the lens cover and LED.

Wow! Those are pretty big and will probably be very visible. I bet you could get some black RTV silicone compound and wipe it in those gaps to make it look like they were made for that radius.:D

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Cliff, I was thinking the same thing about the silicone sealer, but clear instead of black. Black makes more sense but I was worried about smearing it all over the red plastic.

I'll have to figure out a way to "practice".

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Cliff, I was thinking the same thing about the silicone sealer, but clear instead of black. Black makes more sense but I was worried about smearing it all over the red plastic.

I'll have to figure out a way to "practice".

Just wipe it in with your finger and use a paper towel to wipe the excess off of the plastics....

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have mounted them to my lower fairings and my rear side pods. I have the dark tinted ones though. They work great. There are pics and details in my site link in my signature. I just drilled two holes for the bolts for each one.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have mounted them to my lower fairings and my rear side pods. I have the dark tinted ones though. They work great. There are pics and details in my site link in my signature. I just drilled two holes for the bolts for each one.

Does look nice on the lower fairing. Might to see if I can find the dark ones on the cheap.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Does look nice on the lower fairing. Might to see if I can find the dark ones on the cheap.
They are nice. You can use clear bulbs too instead of needing orange ones like you do for the iridium or clear. They are made by Bike-it in the UK. Kinda hard to find. I remember I ordered the Iridium as I couldn't find the tints on the seller's website and later on they sent me a paper catalogue that had them and I was able to order the tinted ones and I sold the iridiums on ebay. There may be pictures of them too somewhere on my website.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are nice. You can use clear bulbs too instead of needing orange ones like you do for the iridium or clear. They are made by Bike-it in the UK. Kinda hard to find. I remember I ordered the Iridium as I couldn't find the tints on the seller's website and later on they sent me a paper catalogue that had them and I was able to order the tinted ones and I sold the iridiums on ebay. There may be pictures of them too somewhere on my website.

Thanks, I found some on eBay, $18 bucks shipped so if I don't like them, I won't be out to much $$.

FYI - This is where I got my LEDs from Custom LED Universal Flushmount LED Blinker Indicators

They would fit in your current setup although it will be pricey for 4 units.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Those look really good! Great job on your bike!