From touring fz6 to naked street fighter

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
When I did the FZ6 Pony Express ride, I could not imagine riding across places like New Mexico with the stock screen. The buffeting would be horrible. I can remember days of riding into a 30 mph headwinds. I went with a XL CalSci with a Laminar Lip attached on top. It looked a bit ugly, but is made long days in the saddle quite pleasant. I could quickly remove the Laminar Lip if I needed more of a sporty look.

picture.php

fmf

Reaction score
Visit site
Your bike looks great! Im a fan of the single round headlight but your bike has me considering that kit.

hsq91

Reaction score
Visit site
When I did the FZ6 Pony Express ride, I could not imagine riding across places like New Mexico with the stock screen. The buffeting would be horrible. I can remember days of riding into a 30 mph headwinds. I went with a XL CalSci with a Laminar Lip attached on top. It looked a bit ugly, but is made long days in the saddle quite pleasant. I could quickly remove the Laminar Lip if I needed more of a sporty look.

picture.php

I agree that a long tour is so much better with a larger windscreen. I would rather have no windscreen than any of the stock setups though. Buffetting is terrible with the stock even with an aftermarket puig.