France trip summer 2011

amanlisman

Reaction score
Visit site
Best bike around for carrying stuff. Hooks and straps fitted in every direction on the passenger handles. 3000 km in 10 days including the Alps. Looking forward to next summer...:thumbup:

amanlisman

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks but one pic IS NOT enough

More please :D

This is the only other photo I've got.

This one was in the Cévannes. The most amazing 100 km ride of my life...

To strap the tent on the back seat, I cut about 65 cm of 200 mm diameter pvc plumber's tubing (see pink bag in photo) and slipped the tent inside for a perfect fit. Everything kept perfectly stable with a couple of elastic straps. Next time, I'll get a smaller tent and sleeping bag and get everything inside the pipe.
My mates said it looked crap, but they were paying 5 times what I was paying in camp-sites for the honour of sleeping in a hotel. I prefer the tent by far.

And they were riding a Pan European, a V Strom, a Bandit, and a MT01... I reckon they were jealous.

amanlisman

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pics :thumbup:, where exactly did you ride, and which were the best parts.

I live in the west of France in Brittany so France is nothing new to me. But there's France and then bikers' France, as I discovered. Once you get half way down and get away from the main routes, the roads are never straight!

I rode down through the massif central (Mont Doré, Issoire), Ardèche, Rhone valley (watch out for the mistral wind), Gap (route de napoléon), then Nice where I met up with my mates. After a few days in Nice, Avignon (pont du Gard), Millau, la Corniche des Cévennes (an absolute must)...

Check out the Parc National des Millevaches also.

Next year, back to the Alps maybe, we're thinking about the Pyrénées too.