Saying 'Hi', after a long time, returned from trip to India, bike done maintenance..!

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys, recently had a great trip to India, met my family and friends after 3+ years.

IMG_0467.jpg
At the time of house warming ceremony, my dad and mom holding god's pictures, entering the new house for the first time, officially :)
It was 4.00 am, and it was freaking hot already, everyone is sweating.

IMG_0555.jpg
Along with my dad and mom, whose heart is filled with sadness on the day I'm coming back to the states.

I missed my bike, right from after 4 days into my vacation. I've seen the second summer for 2015, that was darn hot in India.
For 3 weeks before my trip started, it was raining heavily in Charlotte and personally prayed god, not to have any rain while the 3 weeks I stay in India, as the roads will get dirty and if I go on my bike, everything will be messed up with dirt, and God took it too literally and I saw, the next minute, I boarded my return flight, it rained for heard it rained for a good 2 weeks straight.

I didn't join a gym for the 3 weeks I was there, but, I have go to beach road every morning (when I got a chance), for a jog.
There are lots of people who come from jogging on that coastal road and the city traffic police closed the road of any wheels (except emergency and police vehicles) for the sake of jogger's safety.
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Free Vitamin D every day, topped off with a pleasant jog, looking at the sunrise over the horizon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvgZpl0Cf-0
I get the fresh coconut water quenching my thirst and getting some good nutrients in the morning. The vendor usually gives us the fresh coconut from the inside.

I see a dad teaching his kid on how to walk his first steps and making sure he won't get hurt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHnaSyRG0Vs

On an auspicious festival day, there are literally 1000s of people at the electronic stores to get new appliances for their homes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axyf2FiMv8Y
This is 30% of what I saw before I went into the store.

I've visited all the restaurants in my home town and enjoyed a lot. Too bad, I'm not one of those Instagrammers, so, not much pictures of the food. I didn't want to look bad, who takes his phones all the time at the food table..!

I've enjoyed most of the delicacies and beverages I could enjoy, which includes my two most favorite:
https://creativeland.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/fizz1.jpg now I can drink similar in Starbucks, by paying extra for fizz in my green tea (I was happy to see that once I came back to the USA).

http://www.namasteplaza.com/media/c...a9f58d6a8e47163d2efea0a9586e/t/h/thums_up.jpg
Much stronger version of Coca-Cola.

Got my Wisdom tooth pulled + Cleaning + 3 fillings costed me 33USD only (without the help of any kind of insurance). You do the math in USA with and without insurance.

Air France and Delta screwed my inbound and outbound journey without hurting me physically (thank god for that)..!
Delaying my luggage on my outbound to India, and delaying my flights everywhere.

I did take on-arrival transit visa for my 24-hour layover in Dubai while returning..!
Hotel stay was fine, 3-star Panorama Bur Dubai.
It was a nice experience to visit The Palm. Took the big bus tours and spent around 8 hours on the road. Now public WiFi connectivity everywhere like in USA, not even in Starbucks. If at all you get lucky and find one, it won't allow VoIP calls, restricting calls to friends and family abroad.
No toilets available everywhere like in the U.S.

The expenses are similar to that of USA for most of the items, some similar to Indian Prices.
IMG_0637.jpg
View attachment 65728
For some reason, this image wants to stay upside down..!

Attachments

• 20151117_174619.jpg
    20151117_174619.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 54
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Coming back to the states, I was happy to see my beast, back to untamed version ;)
The bike felt huge, big, smooth, beasty and beefy, heavier, faster, I can't wrap my thighs around the tank, like I was able to do around this bike, which I've used for 3 weeks.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Yam...ChMI2KT787ubyQIVg0cmCh12gALb&biw=1440&bih=805
and
https://www.google.com/search?q=her...ChMI-4SD-7ubyQIVwyYmCh30KgeZ&biw=1440&bih=805

Took the beast for maintenance, and paid 200$ for the below.
View attachment 65723
Oil change, Front tire change (PR3), coolant flush and refill (old one looks like coca-cola, the mechanic said), new frame sliders, engine stator cover painting (not a perfect job, but better than before)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzj_F7fR53q6aXliN240VTJfT0U/view
View attachment 65724
IMG_0917.jpg
IMG_0918.jpg
I got a pair of park light circuit/harness from Bajaj Pulsar, India, costed me 3USD. Mechanic drilled the holes for me and fixed the wiring to make it fit properly, whereas, the sockets are 12$ a piece from Yamaha with additional shipping, twice, even purchased at the same time.

Finally got my handlebar mount mirrors.
IMG_0910.jpg
IMG_0911.jpg
I got those Yamaha FZ09 OEM ones for 20$ shipped from the other forum and got those mounts for few bucks online.
One is LHT (LEft hand thread) and the other is RHT (right), but the both the mounts are are same threading style, the mechanic did something to fix it.

Here are the connectors from the other bike, from India:

Attachments

• IMG_0898.jpg
    IMG_0898.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_0894.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are the frame sliders before and after:
Lately, I liked those 2-piece ones, compared to the single piece cut-sliders, made of CF.

Attachments

• IMG_0925.jpg
    IMG_0925.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

DruGus

(non) ClockWorking Fazer
Reaction score
Visit site
hI, Congrats for such a very nice blacky one !!

Pls be careful with sliders frame bolts . It´s very easy they´ve finally screw by any easy fall.....then you need to replace them , and it´s hard to find.

I can see in your photo the bolt is bent, isn´t it ? See attached for further info. If i were you, should try not to use ferrum/iron, only Stainless Steel (inox) Bolts.

In my country they are very hard to find, because ordinary thread for bolt bulk #10 is 150 mm (milimeters)

AND NEEDED THREAD IS 125 mm (frame thread pitch is Aluminium )

hope this info were useful for you, greetings from Paco de Lucía village. (today i´m very close to his born place.)

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
hI, Congrats for such a very nice blacky one !!

Pls be careful with sliders frame bolts . It´s very easy they´ve finally screw by any easy fall.....then you need to replace them , and it´s hard to find.

I can see in your photo the bolt is bent, isn´t it ? See attached for further info. If i were you, should try not to use ferrum/iron, only Stainless Steel (inox) Bolts.

In my country they are very hard to find, because ordinary thread for bolt bulk #10 is 150 mm (milimeters)

AND NEEDED THREAD IS 125 mm (frame thread pitch is Aluminium )

hope this info were useful for you, greetings from Paco de Lucía village. (today i´m very close to his born place.)

Thank You.
Which one is bent you said? The FZ FS or CF FS? The FZ, is old, removed that from the bike and it is bent a bit, luckily it came out at the end.

DruGus

(non) ClockWorking Fazer
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh...well I saw your hand holding the slider that it seems to have a bent bolt. So good thing. You replaced at his best moment.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back. I just got back from a trip to Mexico and Playa Del Carmen. Great vacation. Hows the alarm working for you? Hope great and you never have to use it. :)

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back. I just got back from a trip to Mexico and Playa Del Carmen. Great vacation. Hows the alarm working for you? Hope great and you never have to use it. :)

Thanks mxgolf,
The Scorpio is great, yes, I've used it on kids, who comes near the bike, as I don't want them to get hurt(USA, liability purposes too).