Fork Upgrades?

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
>reiobard-san,

It would work well but need check length of fork bottom case (outer tube) and total length. because suspension stroke is almost 10mm longer and looks outer tube is longer than FZ6. I'm thinking risk that outer case hit the lower triple tree at full stroke. I wonder there are some risk but, working well for people who's body weight around 95kg..... .

Last edited:

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a chance to put the Racetech springs in the forks today, man that was a pretty easy mod, took about 2 1/2 hrs start to finish. Rode up the street and back and could definitly tell the difference, way more feedback. (Thanks for the great write up Defy it made the job simple "K")

Hope it fit your riding.
Could you tell me original fork spring outer diameter, if you like? I'll describe database. I think it is 37mm or something.. .

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
>Kakashi-san,

Thank you for your prompt response. Where did you learn ****'n Japanese language?:D

I'll do some mod of front fork and I'll update then.

Again, Thank you.

Kakashi

Reaction score
The Mecca of of insane drivers, Orlando,FL
Visit site
>Kakashi-san,

Thank you for your prompt response. Where did you learn ****'n Japanese language?:D

KUMAJ-san,

My daughter and I are huge fans of Japanese anime as you can tell my forum name is from one of my favorite characters from Naruto. Plus we listen to a lot of Orange Range, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Flow ,High and Mighty Color, Uberworld, etc.

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday, I visited dealer to pick up an early FZS1000(FZ1) spring. I ordered only one spring to check the diameter. Though first few roll of spring top has tapered and 32mm diameter, but most are 37mm(Actual OD is 36.5mm on caliper measurement). Yes it will indeed suite into FZ6 fork. When I ordered FZS1000 spring, I got the information of XJR spring without OD. It has single rate(0.9kgf/mm) spring but, free length is 284mm. I didn't know this spring work well or problematic at long term use because 70mm shorter than FZ6 spring("probably" doesn't have problem if OD is same with Fazers;According to their web site, Race Tech spring has 315mm length) and, I didn't ordered.

Now, I'm thinking install it or not because TDM850 preload adjuster work well in relaxed riding(usually, I'm riding relax in the Winter). Somehow I want to enjoy to ride on this condition and want to test to higher fork fluid level. 1cc will almost 1 mm up on my calicurate. Now setting sag was completed and I'm in sweet spot on relax and little sporty riding.

Might be install before the Spring of 2009?.....It is my plan in next winter or later.

1. Buy one more spring.

2.Buy PVC pipe as "temporaly" spacer(pipe)
To verify good length of spacer even if I installed initial adjuster. Because still I can't figure out exact definition of YAMAHA's spring rate(K1 and K2). It is easier to cut and save time, cost.

3. install

4.Everluation and verify of length

5.Cut the OEM spacer after verify length
Need longer spacer if you don't install preload adjuster.

6.Re-install

I updated data of each spring but, still I don't know OD of XJR spring. Sorry..

When you use this information please do by your own risk. Take care spacer length.

I'm going back to work

Enjoy:D

Last edited:

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Last weekend I discussed my friends about fork fluid. People say quality of oil from Ohlins and White Power(WP) is very good even if it is on hot day. Also, Motorex has good quality. In my investigation, Motorex Provide Fluid to WP.

It is just information and I updated oil viscosity chart to add Motrex one. Incidentally, I want to try Race Tech one but don't find such information and, difficult to buy oil.

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Is there someone who using Automatic Transmission fluid for auto mobile as front fork fluid? Antiform function and lubricating is better if we can choose viscosity.

I'll go back to work.

Enjoy!