jfz6

Not Here Enough
Premium Member
Reaction score
web.mac.com
Some graphic photos of skin damage.

Below the break.

As in right now.

Make sure that you save some money and get some good gear and ALWAYS WEAR IT!!! This happened on a ride that was only going to be about a mile.
I didn't wear my riding shoes or pants. I figured I wasn't going too far- dress pants and shoes would be fine for a short ride.

Get some good boots that have good ankle protection.
2431340870_977fea7c0d.jpg

Good Solid ankle protection.
2430520037_f933834786.jpg

Make sure you get some good riding pants as well. In my case I didn't slide- fat people stick-bounce-stick-bounce. Road Rash? Try road chunk!
2430504865_4df615a5aa_o.jpg

I would suggest getting some leathers or at least some jeans with kevlar. Ewwww gross!
2431324582_55e00528f2_o.jpg

Just a little reminder to stay safe and keep your eyes on the road. I did all this just going about 40- over my handlebars. Take the rider safety course. I am going to as soon as I am back to 100% and get my bike back.

Have fun and be safe!!!!!!!!

jfz6
:Im With Stupid:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Next time please post a warning on the content. That didn't go well with my coffee and english muffin this morning.

Thanks -

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed; not the prettiest sight, but a timely warning for those who are new or are just now coming out of biker hibernation.
Learn from the mistakes of others!!

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Next time please post a warning on the content. That didn't go well with my coffee and english muffin this morning.

Thanks -

Same here....reminded me of stuff that I'd rather forget. :(
Glad the OP is on the mend, though...it could have been much, much worse...like no leg at all.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you heal quickly. I always wear full gear and it really helped me with my crash. My bike was totaled, but I walked away without a scratch.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
No one from miles around can eat near that pan. No sir!

"Pan pan, looks like a dish pan!"
"Pan pan, looks like a moose pan!"
"Pan pan, boy you've got some pan! SOME PAN!"

dhcg86

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel dumb sometimes- always in leather bottoms, race boots, gauntlet gloves and a jacket......

but then I figure I will feel even stupidier if fall with no gear and end up scarred for life....

So when I finally laid own my duc a couple weeks back, all I had was a few sore spots- walked ( actually rode away) without any physical injury!

Wear gear!