Flush Mounts on fairing of 07 FZ6?

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to get rid of the stock front signals and put some flush mounts on the fairing. Has anyone done this on an 07? I know multiple people have done it on 06's but they have a hole in the fairing where the original signals mounted. The 07 has a bracket that extends below the fairing where the turn signals are mounted. Even though they would fit, I do not want to put flush mounts on this bracket. I want them on the fairing. I know this is going to require some drilling but I would like to keep it to a minimum. The other issue is that there are no perfectly flat places on the fairing. I think this could be solved by adding some rubber backing to a signal. Anyway, if anyone has done this on an 07, anything you could post (pics, brands, instructions, websites, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

their not flush mounts, but even cleaner. back when i had the fairing on, i mounted the stock signal sockets/bulbs in the pod location. all it takes is a little drilling with a hole saw, or a uni-bit.
2292413191_ab911fd4be.jpg

lsl4.jpg

I am actually planning on doing both at the same time. I've already got all the parts for the pod lights, I just don't know what to buy for the flush mounts. I am going to run both the pods and the flush mounts as signals and as running lights. I would love to do just the pod lights but I'm worried the visibility, especially from the side, would not be enough.

I would love to do just the pod lights but I'm worried the visibility, especially from the side, would not be enough.

I have the same concerns about the pod lights.... if anyone has them could they post up some pics from the side so we can see. Also I believe that the one that came with pod lights were reflective inside where as ours are black.

I just bought my 07' and both the front turn signal brackets are broken. As a replacement I would love to mount flush signals on the fairing (or in that hole would be perfect)... Has anyone done this yet? Maybe ill be the first to start chopping

I want to get rid of the stock front signals and put some flush mounts on the fairing. Has anyone done this on an 07? I know multiple people have done it on 06's but they have a hole in the fairing where the original signals mounted. The 07 has a bracket that extends below the fairing where the turn signals are mounted. Even though they would fit, I do not want to put flush mounts on this bracket. I want them on the fairing. I know this is going to require some drilling but I would like to keep it to a minimum. The other issue is that there are no perfectly flat places on the fairing. I think this could be solved by adding some rubber backing to a signal. Anyway, if anyone has done this on an 07, anything you could post (pics, brands, instructions, websites, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

I did this on mine and documented it here.

The drilling was scary but easy. I love the flushmounts.

There are pics and videos of it from a distance here.

Back