Flush Mounts on fairing of 07 FZ6?

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to get rid of the stock front signals and put some flush mounts on the fairing. Has anyone done this on an 07? I know multiple people have done it on 06's but they have a hole in the fairing where the original signals mounted. The 07 has a bracket that extends below the fairing where the turn signals are mounted. Even though they would fit, I do not want to put flush mounts on this bracket. I want them on the fairing. I know this is going to require some drilling but I would like to keep it to a minimum. The other issue is that there are no perfectly flat places on the fairing. I think this could be solved by adding some rubber backing to a signal. Anyway, if anyone has done this on an 07, anything you could post (pics, brands, instructions, websites, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

avogt18

Reaction score
Visit site
their not flush mounts, but even cleaner. back when i had the fairing on, i mounted the stock signal sockets/bulbs in the pod location. all it takes is a little drilling with a hole saw, or a uni-bit.
2292413191_ab911fd4be.jpg

lsl4.jpg

Reaction score
Visit site
I am actually planning on doing both at the same time. I've already got all the parts for the pod lights, I just don't know what to buy for the flush mounts. I am going to run both the pods and the flush mounts as signals and as running lights. I would love to do just the pod lights but I'm worried the visibility, especially from the side, would not be enough.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to do just the pod lights but I'm worried the visibility, especially from the side, would not be enough.

I have the same concerns about the pod lights.... if anyone has them could they post up some pics from the side so we can see. Also I believe that the one that came with pod lights were reflective inside where as ours are black.

spud3000

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my 07' and both the front turn signal brackets are broken. As a replacement I would love to mount flush signals on the fairing (or in that hole would be perfect)... Has anyone done this yet? Maybe ill be the first to start chopping

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to get rid of the stock front signals and put some flush mounts on the fairing. Has anyone done this on an 07? I know multiple people have done it on 06's but they have a hole in the fairing where the original signals mounted. The 07 has a bracket that extends below the fairing where the turn signals are mounted. Even though they would fit, I do not want to put flush mounts on this bracket. I want them on the fairing. I know this is going to require some drilling but I would like to keep it to a minimum. The other issue is that there are no perfectly flat places on the fairing. I think this could be solved by adding some rubber backing to a signal. Anyway, if anyone has done this on an 07, anything you could post (pics, brands, instructions, websites, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

I did this on mine and documented it here.

The drilling was scary but easy. I love the flushmounts.

There are pics and videos of it from a distance here.