Fixing scuffs with a Question

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
So My God-daughter wanted to help me wash my motorcycle... Well, she meant well. She used the hard side of the spung and left some scuffs in the paint. I didn't get mad at her, she is 9, how could she know. So, it was time to learn how to get those scuffs out.

I came accross ScratchX 2.0. It worked great with my regular drill and a cotton buffer.
ad42cf6a-70a1-2b55.jpg

This is the before.
ad42cf6a-70be-81a4.jpg

This is after one application.
ad42cf6a-70d8-e835.jpg

After the second application it was barely there. And I couldn't be happier.
ad42cf6a-710c-6eef.jpg

My question is, can I use headlight restoration on my black plastic fairings? The don't have the same shine they use to have and I want to wipe out any fogging.

Any input is welcome

Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you can use it to buff the panels just be careful at the edges your buffer can create alot of heat and we are talking about plastic.... :rockon: :rockon: Looks like it is working realy good for!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
It is thanks! I will give to plastic panels a soft touch attempt. I'll post pictures so you all can see if i made it better or just create some nice swirl patterns haha

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, it worked wonders on the plastic front fairings!
I used some standard headlight cleaner with a soft foam buffer for a drill (came with it) and a few passes later this is what I got.

This is before(I know it's hard to see, but it is foggy)
ad42cf6a-7aa6-0d54.jpg

ad42cf6a-7ab7-c67c.jpg

And after with just one soft buff.
ad42cf6a-7ae0-3fa5.jpg

ad42cf6a-7aef-37f1.jpg

ad42cf6a-7afe-08e6.jpg

I used it on the wind screen too, but that won't really show up on this camera

I guess I should thank my God-daughter. Without her I would know how to do this stuff.

Last edited:

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a bottle of that ScratchX I bought to remove a scuff on the tank that came with my bike when I bought it. That stuff is great. I used it to clean the oxidation off my cage's headlights as well as to polish fine scratches out of an old pair of glasses I dropped while wearing in the pool a few summers ago (they slid from the 5ft area down the slope of the deep end and had some nice horizontal scratches right in front of my pupils). I never thought about using it to remove the fine scrathches in my iPad, so +1 on the picture!

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the stuff I used. You can puck this up at your local Walmart pretty cheap.

Don't forget to get some MiroFiber Towels!:thumbup: