Need Help FZ6 code 46 problem

REAPERMANIA

Reaction score
Visit site
So, proms in 3 days and I want to use my motorcycle for it. Only problem is, after I charged my battery and put it back on my bike, it started not starting, like it doesnt want to go in idle. Now my only question is, is there a quick way to make this work for my prom or im not gonna be able too? Ive tried putting a video down but idk if it works.

REAPERMANIA

Reaction score
Visit site
Code 46 is for the power supply for the FI system. When you were replacing the battery you probably accidentally disconnected a connector in the harness. Re-check your work, pushing/closing each connector.
Alright ill check the connections tommorow and ill see. Also, heres the video of what my bike does. There also a check engine light

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds like a low battery to me. What are the static voltage and the voltage when engaging the starter? A battery with low current will produce a code 46.

REAPERMANIA

Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds like a low battery to me. What are the static voltage and the voltage when engaging the starter? A battery with low current will produce a code 46.
I will check this too. But like i charged it 2 days ago, sunday, and out the battery not even 1 hour after it was finished charging so i dont think its a low battery. Maybe its just dead, this is a old asf battery. Might even be the stock battery. Also do low battery cause the check engine to be turned on?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can charge a battery until it is shows 12.7VDC, but as soon as you put a load on it (the starter) the voltage starts to collapse. That is what I'm hearing in the video;

1) The starter turns slower each time you engage it, and
2) The fuel pump motor begins to struggle.

If the voltage drops below 10VDC or so while engaging the starter, there isn't enough current to run the ECU, and without the ECU there is no timing of the spark or injectors.

Check your connections...but while you are in there check the voltage at rest (static) and while under load (starter engaged). If the static voltage is below 12.6VDC 30 minutes after a charge, its a failed battery. If the battery can not maintain more than 10VDC under the load of the starter, it's a failed battery.

REAPERMANIA

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh god mate thank you. So i checked the battery like you asked. In static, it was at 12.60 so i tought to myself well that cant be the battery, but i forgot to measure it under load and you reminded me that. I tested it and when under load, it would go all the way to 3 volts. I checked and the battery is from 2006, its the stock battery on this. So now im putting in the acid of a new battery i just got and tommorow ill try again. BUT, in the mean time, i got a little problem, see when i lifted the gas tank 3 days ago, i lifted it too high and the gas air breather cables idk what happened with them, started to let the fuel out. Bow whenever i crank my motorcycle, fuel goes out those cables. Am i missing something

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It’s just rubber fuel hose. Each should have a fuel hose clamp. BTW, not a radiator hose clamp (worm gear style) - they use a spring/compression fuel hose clamp. Any motorcycle shop will have them.

REAPERMANIA

Reaction score
Visit site
So is this bike going to Prom? (Hopefully the bike isn't your date...I'm not judging).
Nah unfortunatelly im watching live the prom and i really wish i could have had my bike. I plugged in the new battery and while it seemed to help it wouldnt turn on anyway. I checked every connector and couldnt find the issue so ima just send it to yamaha soon so i can get it fix and sell it before going into the army. I am really thankfull for all your help anyway, you helped me realise my stock battery really was dead.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One line drains water / fuel over flow at the filler atop the tank

The other is a vent for the tank itself.

When the tank is lifted and then set back down, both lines HAVE TO BE PULLED DOWN GENTLY as they'll kink if you don't.

One member had one of those internal lines rust out and leak-That would cause fuel to leak out one of those lines... Very, very rare.

Pic of the inside of the tank:

REAPERMANIA

Reaction score
Visit site
One line drains water / fuel over flow at the filler atop the tank

The other is a vent for the tank itself.

When the tank is lifted and then set back down, both lines HAVE TO BE PULLED DOWN GENTLY as they'll kink if you don't.

One member had one of those internal lines rust out and leak-That would cause fuel to leak out one of those lines... Very, very rare.

Pic of the inside of the tank:

Alright thanks ill check for that, maybe it is just me that put it down too fast then it kink.