First time, did some technical stuff on my bike yesterday.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK I had a bit of help, it was a technical day arranged by the Netherlands forum club in Nijmegen. Basically 9 of us spent the best part of Saturday doing "stuff" with the bikes in a dealers workshop :thumbup:.

I must admit there was only one other FZ6 (naked) but a couple of FZ1's and a couple of fz 600's and 1000's. We were given instruction by one of the guys from the forum, but there was another mechanic (from the dealer) walking around helping those who needed it. Anyway I changed my oil, and cleaned one of my brake "blocks" (pistons & pads) :cheer: Unfortunately I still have to clean the other 2 when I get a chance to free my ABS sensor this was pretty solid, although it should simply pull out after removing the allen keyed screw, they advised me to soak it in penetrating oil for a (long) while before removing, as the sensor is over €100 for a new one.
We we're also shown how to adjust the chain, (which was one of the few things I already knew), but also how to remove front and rear wheels (handy for getting new tyres :thumbup:
We also got an explaination of how to adjust your suspension (unfortunately my front fork had become softer over the years (well more the 75000 km's)) by a representative of hyperpro.

All in all I had a great day and learned a lot, among other things that the pre 2007 FZ6 has a totally different brake block set up to the post 2007 (my bike)

The whole day cost me less than €40 (OK a bit more with added petrol costs) but this also included lunch :thumbup:

On the way home I stopped off at Tons house for a bite to eat, and after chatting I finally left at about 10 in the evening, getting home about 1130.

Oh well I might be asking a few more questions around these parts as I venture further :eek: ;)

Last edited:
OK I had a bit of help, it was a technical day arranged by the Netherlands forum club , in Nijmegen. Basically 9 of us spent the best part of Saturday doing "stuff" with the bikes in a dealers workshop :thumbup:.

I must admit there was only one other FZ6 (naked) but a couple of FZ1's and a couple of fz 600's and 1000's. We were given instruction by one of the guys from the forum, but there was another mechanic (from the dealer) walking around helping those who needed it. Anyway I changed my oil, and cleaned one of my brake "blocks" (pistons & pads) :cheer: Unfortunately I still have to clean the other 2 when I get a chance to free my ABS sensor this was pretty solid, although it should simply pull out after removing the allen keyed screw, they advised me to soak it in penetrating oil for a (long) while before removing, as the sensor is over €100 for a new one.
We we're also shown how to adjust the chain, (which was one of the few things I already knew), but also how to remove front and rear wheels (handy for getting new tyres :thumbup:
We also got an explaination of how to adjust your suspension (unfortunately my front fork had become softer over the years (well more the 75000 km's)) by a representative of hyperpro.

All in all I had a great day and learned a lot, among other things that the pre 2007 FZ6 has a totally different brake block set up to the post 2007 (my bike)

The whole day cost me less than €40 (OK a bit more with added petrol costs) but this also included lunch :thumbup:

On the way home I stopped off at Tons house for a bite to eat, and after chatting I finally left at about 10 in the evening, getting home about 1130.

Oh well I might be asking a few more questions around these parts as I venture further :eek: ;)
Bloody good effort mate

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. It's not so hard is it? :thumbup:

I'd suggest keeping the shop rates in your mind when considering investing in the tools needed to do jobs right. And one can never have enough shop towels and brake cleaner. :D

That's a great day with the bikes.:cheer:

I have a friend that's very skilled with bikes, and has every tool you could ever hope for in his garage. He's been teaching me to wrench the FZ, and it has been a blast. :rockon: I'm doing things that I never taught I could do to the bike. :eek:

The next few weeks, I plan on doing a completely new braking system on the FZ.:cheer:

Back