First time changing the oil

jresch10

Sarcastic American
Reaction score
Visit site
First time changing the oil. I made a mess on the garage floor :spank: but I know what to do different next time. Used Mobile 1.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
changed mine last week and did the same thing all over the place. It shoots out like a water fountain......Still have to get something from the auto store to clean it up :spank:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
changed mine last week and did the same thing all over the place. It shoots out like a water fountain......Still have to get something from the auto store to clean it up :spank:

I was about to mention Lonewolf's oil adventure thread.... Try cat litter... the clumping kind works well at cleaning up various fluid spills...

Richard

kdburtch

Reaction score
Visit site
Next time take some tin foil, take about a 6-8 inch sheet and fold it into a v, doubled up helps. then place it under the drain plug and you have a nice shoot that will get the oil where you need it and not all over your garage floor, or your bike.

jresch10

Sarcastic American
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't have a problem with the oil filter. Putting the bike up on the center stand doesn't allow you to center the waste oil pan very well under the drain plug. You position it to catch the initial gusher but when you turn your back to do something else the trickle that comes after the gusher runs over the edge of the pan.

I like the aluminum foil idea. Thanks kdburtch!