First service

kdburtch

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently called the stealership to preform my first service at 600miles. The guy there stated that was too early and I need to wait to 1000 miles. This makes me wonder if they know what they are doing there as the manual states clearly 600 miles. Any thoughts on this? would it void my warranty to wait till 1000miles?

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Listen to your mechanic, he knows what he talk about. Why would someone refuse to do a service for $$$. Obviously, he has your best interest in mind. :thumbup:

Powerman

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently called the stealership to preform my first service at 600miles. The guy there stated that was too early and I need to wait to 1000 miles. This makes me wonder if they know what they are doing there as the manual states clearly 600 miles. Any thoughts on this? would it void my warranty to wait till 1000miles?

Run for the sake of your wallet! Do it yourself, learn something and get satisfaction saving money. It's easy! :thumbup:

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are under any kind of warrant, follow your owners manual and keep the documentation. Failure to do so could release the dealership/mechanic from any liabilities or malfunctions and stick you with the full cost of repairs. No sense in buying a bike new for the warranty and then voiding it so early. After the warranty period is over take it to who you want or do it yourself. It's all about planning for the "what if"s" and not the "when's".

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not a lawyer, but I do stay in Holiday Inn Expresses a lot..
Doing your own service?? Read this.... Magnuson

In 2008 I bought a new, almost $20,000 GoldWing.. The first time it saw the dealership was when a dealership bought it from me, a month ago..

Do your own work, save reciepts, and don't be stupid.. You're covered!! :)

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Not hard. Like the guy above said, save some money and learn something.
3 quarts of oil. a funnel, some shop towels, a oil filter wrench and a 6point 17mm socket and ratchet.

Powerman

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are under any kind of warrant, follow your owners manual and keep the documentation. Failure to do so could release the dealership/mechanic from any liabilities or malfunctions and stick you with the full cost of repairs. No sense in buying a bike new for the warranty and then voiding it so early. After the warranty period is over take it to who you want or do it yourself. It's all about planning for the "what if"s" and not the "when's".

The warranty can't be voided as long as you keep receipts. First hand experience of this.:thumbup: