First outing, went down.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ATGATT...ATGATT...ATGATT

If you don`t know what it means find out.

A Dianese jacket a pretty helmet, white socks and canvass shoes...

Thank god you have any feet left.

Steve

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
So sorry to hear of the tip-over. Stuff happens! I've done that on my BMW (foot landed in a low spot while backing up) and I'm an experienced rider, so it can happen to anybody. So sorry about the foot, but really glad to see you wearing full gear otherwise (great photos, by the way!).

I wear Sidi's as well...very comfortable and have put tens of thousands of miles on a pair. Best of luck in the boot search, and have a great first riding season this year! Be sure to post ride stories and reports to share with us.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Glad to hear it was none the worse for the wear. New Enough had a nice deal on some Sidi's that I was sorely tempted to purchase. Sadly, I already have some decent riding boots and the $ just isn't in the budget for them.

I hope the snow is pretty at least? :)

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
The snow is brutal! heavy and wet. sure made the trek in my VW to work hard.
I am just averaging out my shoe size and going to order some B2s from Newenough (already had a great experience with them.)

I can ship the B2s, do the horrid exchange rate and still come in cheaper than buying almost any quality boot in the city. The A* MX5s are $330 up here. Getting sick of the brutal mark-up here in Canada, after reading reviews they seem like the real deal.
Now if only I could actually afford them.... lol

W

wrightme43

Man that Canadian exchange rate and tax has got to suck.

On boots though it one of those things you just cant afford not to have. Hands, feet, head, chest and spine. They have to be protected as best you can.

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope your foot heels up well for you.

Good job on the frame sliders and on the parking lot practice with an experienced friend. Remember riding is a continual and constant learning experience!

I don't ride in sneakers, but I do need to get myself some armored full length boots. I'm committing right now to this being my next purchase!

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
:( that sux. Coulda been much worse though, and good to hear you were smart enough to go to a parking lot for a refresher run and put frame sliders on the bike. Hey, let me know when you're up and running and we'll get some Fizzers out for a Calgary ride!! :D

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
DUDE THAT SUCKS!!! Kinda wanna see the foot... ;) I just went down, had the lower side of the bike land on my foot with sketchers on (wimpy of wimpy shoes) and didn't even skuff them. Guess it all depends on how it lands.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear your plight.

Hope you had a Doctor look at the foot and you recover fully and quickly.

ScrewAttackThis

Reaction score
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better, I too went down on my first ride.

Bought an FZ6 yesterday, and less than two hours later it was on the ground.
A buddy, who bought an R6 yesterday, took me out to one of his favorite roads. The road is not challenging, but it's in good condition and no one uses it. I get through it all without a hitch. It happened when we got back to the freeway heading back to town. Stopped to turn right onto the freeway, I started pulling out. Some reason, I just couldn't get the bike to turn. Nearly parallel with the grassy median, I slid into it and went down low side.

ON the bright side, though, I only bumped my knee and the bike gained some scratches. Don't know if frame sliders would have helped, since it wasn't on pavement. Was able to pick it up and ride back home, though. I spent today going over what I did wrong, and went out and just rode around my neighborhood before heading to a coworkers house 5 minutes up the road.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better, I too went down on my first ride.

Bought an FZ6 yesterday, and less than two hours later it was on the ground.
A buddy, who bought an R6 yesterday, took me out to one of his favorite roads. The road is not challenging, but it's in good condition and no one uses it. I get through it all without a hitch. It happened when we got back to the freeway heading back to town. Stopped to turn right onto the freeway, I started pulling out. Some reason, I just couldn't get the bike to turn. Nearly parallel with the grassy median, I slid into it and went down low side.

ON the bright side, though, I only bumped my knee and the bike gained some scratches. Don't know if frame sliders would have helped, since it wasn't on pavement. Was able to pick it up and ride back home, though. I spent today going over what I did wrong, and went out and just rode around my neighborhood before heading to a coworkers house 5 minutes up the road.
:welcome: to the forum.

Sorry you fell off - glad you're ok.

By the sounds of it, your eyes were looking straight ahead rather than looking where you wanted to go. Look in the direction you're going and, like magic, the bike goes there too :)

Anyway, hope you learned from your mishap.

ScrewAttackThis

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum.

Sorry you fell off - glad you're ok.

By the sounds of it, your eyes were looking straight ahead rather than looking where you wanted to go. Look in the direction you're going and, like magic, the bike goes there too :)

Anyway, hope you learned from your mishap.

I agree completely. Such a fundamental basic, yet I messed it up.