Finally got some gear!!!

Skybow388

Reaction score
Visit site
After my ATGATT thread I saved and saved and picked up a joe rocket Phoenix 5.0! Coming in at a swift 182.00 the mesh jacket better be good! Here is some pics!
uqequ4us.jpg
7ydupuba.jpg

Still no pants or boots yet but those are next!

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Good! You'll feel alot better about your safety. I have those same gloves and like them very much. Also have a mesh jacket myself and love it. Once your moving you won't even notice your wearing a jacket.

Fazer'd

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! Remember, you wear it all the time for that ONE time you actually do go down. IF you ever go down, it will definitely be worth it.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what is on your feet??? should be a sweet pair of sidi's, but i know it can take some time to get good gear together.. congrats on building your collection!!! diggin the faster blue bike :thumbup:

Skybow388

Reaction score
Visit site
what is on your feet??? should be a sweet pair of sidi's, but i know it can take some time to get good gear together.. congrats on building your collection!!! diggin the faster blue bike :thumbup:

Haha took me like 2 months to save for this plus my girlfriend payed half lol. I decided on this and not textile because it only gets down to like 20 here so not too cold. Yes I know I need some better shoes and pants they will come eventually. Hard to wear all the gear when i to school to work then home everyday no place to store it but I will get it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good man! Definitely get the rest of the gear ASAP.
And maybe it's just a poor quality pic, but the front tire looks like's way past its prime.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good job! I'm equally guilty as I still wear sneakers and regular pants too but always wear gloves, Joe Rocket (regular style) jacket and full helmet

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good job! Now get those legs n feet covered!

I have a Joe Rocket mesh/textile and love it!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got to start somewhere. Glad to see your progressing to more. A the very least, wear some over the ankle footwear. Don't you have any working or hiking boots? Does not necessarily have to be motorcycle specific.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with Vegas on the hiking boot suggestion.....and I/We, are all so happy that you are getting there! Keep saving up or ask Santa for some more stuff!

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Appropriate gear is not just intended for crash protection. It's also a comfort thing. If you're cold\hot\wet or uncomfortable in any way (sun in your eyes, etc) it detracts from the task at hand which is watching for the "lady on the cell phone" from the other thread. Just 1 sec of distraction or compromised perception adds many feet to your total stopping or even reaction distance. If you're comfortable, then everything is cool and you can focus on all of the other crazy stuff going on.

:thumbup: on getting geared up.

I agree with Eric, that front tire would be a pretty high concern if it's as smooth as it looks in the pic.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got to start somewhere. Glad to see your progressing to more. A the very least, wear some over the ankle footwear. Don't you have any working or hiking boots? Does not necessarily have to be motorcycle specific.

Well done on the gear, +1 on the boots.

Nelly:thumbup:

BajaBob

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to wear gear to class everyday back when I was in school. Just find a corner to drop everything as you move to each class. No one will mess with it. We have a lot of riders at A&M, many just leave gear on their bike. Also, back when money was tight I found a pair of military boots that zipped up the side at a local army navy store for cheap. The no slip oil proof soles were perfect for heavily oiled intersection stops. Unlike sneakers that pretty much provide zero nonslip protection against heavily oiled and saturated concrete. I really liked how easy those boots were to put on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to wear gear to class everyday back when I was in school. Just find a corner to drop everything as you move to each class. No one will mess with it. We have a lot of riders at A&M, many just leave gear on their bike. Also, back when money was tight I found a pair of military boots that zipped up the side at a local army navy store for cheap. The no slip oil proof soles were perfect for heavily oiled intersection stops. Unlike sneakers that pretty much provide zero nonslip protection against heavily oiled and saturated concrete. I really liked how easy those boots were to put on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
You leave your gear on your bike?? :eek: I went to visit my girlfriend at her job once and my helmet was stolen. I wasn't in there longer than 10 minutes too!