fergie-gee's super duper fz6 build thread!

fergie.g

Lives for the ride!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, welcome to my fz6 build thread. Over the coming weeks I will be updating this with mods that I will be doing to my 2006 FZ6. You can check out my youtube.com channel here and my blog here.

Parts I already have:

Convertibars adjustable clip ons

Parts ordered, waiting to arrive:

Rizoma Avio LED rear signal lights
Watsen Flush Mount front signal lights
Fender Eliminator
Rizoma Sportline Grips
Rizoma Billet Bar Ends
Rizoma Adjustable Rearsets
Scorpion Carbon Slip-Ons

Minor details include:

Reflective red wheel tape

That's it for now. Next season I will strip her down and do a FULL naked conversion.

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same flusmounts, you are going to love them. They have a super clean, and are really bright. I also have the Rizoma grips and Billet bar ends. With the bar ends you have to be careful on the throttle side the way that the bar ends mounts can pinch down and lock the throttle in place. Can't wait for the pics it is going to be sweet.

fergie.g

Lives for the ride!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the support, the lights I got the idea from Boneman's website. He had a video of them blinking so I wasn't at all concerned with visibility from other motorists. I am just waiting on the parts to arrive so I can finally do em', I'm getting antsy. Riding season is almost near...for people that have to deal with winter ;).

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude that was realy good !! :thumbup: :thumbup: you did that like a T.V. Host !! very professional job ! and I could'nt even hear an accent in your voice...... you should audition at a talent agency , I bet you could find work.. :thumbup: :thumbup: oh and I don't know if the jacket was on purpose but that was a nice touch to connect you with the subject ...

Last edited:

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice walk through! I bet you are just dying to get your Scorpion Exhaust on and those "Racing" stickers off.

Keep us updated on your progress!

fergie.g

Lives for the ride!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you thank you, camera was a gopro hd. I then compressed the video in Premier, this was actually my first time trying vblog but I kind of like it. Parts are in transit from SoCal so it's on the way to Niagara Falls, NY where I will be crossing the border to pick it up because UPS likes to open up a new butt hole when you do cross border shipping.

I will hopefully get around to installing the convertibars clip-ons and rizoma rear sets this Sunday.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Grrr.. stupid work blocking youtube! Looking forward to watching the vid later at home.

fergie.g

Lives for the ride!
Reaction score
Visit site
*EDIT* Someone on GTAMotorcycle.com pointed out that I didn't know what I was talking about with the rear sets giving the best overall performance. Now, I am fairly new to riding so I just put that out there for the sake of saying it.

fergie.g

Lives for the ride!
Reaction score
Visit site
Update

I went down to the holding facility I use in Niagara Falls, NY to pick up my stuff and I got a nice surprise which we will get to in a moment.

I basically picked up the Rizoma Bar Ends and Sportline Grips as well as the Scorpion slip-ons. The only thing that was unaccounted for were the Rizoma Rearsets. It shows on the packing slip as part of the contents but it was not in the box! I don't know what's up but I sure hope Jimmy over at Cyclesector.com can help rectify this because I am unhappy about it.

Hopefully I will get around to installing the slip ons, convertibars, grips and bar ends tomorrow since rain is anticipated. It's about 10 degrees right now with the sun bright in the sky, I will ride out my disappointment and try to sort it out with Jimmy. He's been splendid so far with the customer service so I hope we can come to an amicable resolution. I will post another vblog about the install(s).

Cheers!

:)