Fender Eliminator Recommendations?

Pittmania

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello!

I would eventually like to do away with the shovel and tidy up the tail, but, it seems like many options are nearing triple digit costs. At that rate I'm fine with keeping the rear stock. Does anyone have recommendations for fender eliminators that were of good quality, allow the OEM signals to be reused, and aren't nearly a hundred bucks?

Thanks.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Made one from 0.125" aluminum...
Still needs powder coated and it hasn't been a priority!

IMG_20150908_165018_064_zpsb0beuinn.jpg

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I also installed the R&G Tail Tidy fender eliminator (FE). It is listed at Revzilla for about $125. I understand your concern about the price, but I tried one of the $30 ones from online. The thing was flimsy and came with round mounting holes for the signal stalks.

Before I bought this the previous owner had installed a really cheap thing that came with LED signals. The LEDs were not bright enough to see well in daylight. I really wanted to use the OEM signals for the better visibility. But the only option that I found that fits the stock signals is this one from R&G. All the other FEs that I found come with round holes for mounting the signals. As you've probably noticed, the OEMs have an egg-shaped profile.

I did see some posts where people removed the flexible end of the stalk then used washers to make the single bolt on the remaining shorter, non-flexible part of the stalk able to mount into the round holes on this other type of FE. I wanted something that looked less like a rig job.

The construction of the R&G is very nice and sturdy. I had a small bit of difficulty in getting the license plate light that comes with the FE to fit into the spot just under the exhaust cowl. It's not any easy spot to reach into to thread the tiny nuts. I recommend that you get the adapter for the US plates, It was an extra $6 - I think. Or you can drill euro-spaced holes in your plates. I've had this on the bike for a bit over 2 years and it's holding up nicely.

Chris

Tuffy1982

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought one off of EBay for like $30 it has the oval holes for stock signals and has the fz6 cut out in it. It's lasted 2 yes no problems. I went with the integrated taillight instead of using stock signals though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk