Feeling a bit... Overwhelmed...

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
Seeing as I am a bike owner now and want to make it my own/modify it, I've been searching a lot. However, there are a ton of things that I can do, but I almost don't know what I should do first. I want to do the fender eliminator and use LED turn lights and license plate, however, there must be a dozen manufacturers, which one is nicest/best? Do any turn signals fit? Specifically it seems like most lights are universal but I'd like to be sure.

Does it seem like a lot of the stickies are cluttered to any of you? I'm not trying to pick and criticize I just feel like I try and read some of them and get lost with all the extra posts with all of the useful info unconsolidated. Maybe it's me, what do I know lol. There seems like there are a ton of mods that one can do, but for everyone mod there is a dozen ways of doing it, and I guess thats where I am getting confused. And I dont want to make new posts and get :spank: for not searching, or searching well enough. Forgive me if this seems like I am whining, I am just trying to find my way and I'd like some help along the way.

Breakdown for mods I'd like to do first
BD43 Headlight Mod (waiting for pm from him for a harness)
Driven Grips (what size bars do we have?)
Fender Eliminator w/ LED turn stalks and license plate light
Leo Vince Evo II Full Carbon (found where I am going)
Smaller Mirrors
Bag for on Passenger area (for longer trips)

But I must say this site is awesome, the people are so friendly, and I am enjoying my warm welcome, I've been a member of several forums where people are downright rude and bash people all the time. :rockon: you guys rock

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seeing as I am a bike owner now and want to make it my own/modify it, I've been searching a lot. However, there are a ton of things that I can do, but I almost don't know what I should do first. I want to do the fender eliminator and use LED turn lights and license plate, however, there must be a dozen manufacturers, which one is nicest/best? Do any turn signals fit? Specifically it seems like most lights are universal but I'd like to be sure.

Does it seem like a lot of the stickies are cluttered to any of you? I'm not trying to pick and criticize I just feel like I try and read some of them and get lost with all the extra posts with all of the useful info unconsolidated. Maybe it's me, what do I know lol. There seems like there are a ton of mods that one can do, but for everyone mod there is a dozen ways of doing it, and I guess thats where I am getting confused. And I dont want to make new posts and get :spank: for not searching, or searching well enough. Forgive me if this seems like I am whining, I am just trying to find my way and I'd like some help along the way.

Breakdown for mods I'd like to do first
BD43 Headlight Mod (waiting for pm from him for a harness)
Driven Grips (what size bars do we have?)
Fender Eliminator w/ LED turn stalks and license plate light
Leo Vince Evo II Full Carbon (found where I am going)
Smaller Mirrors
Bag for on Passenger area (for longer trips)

But I must say this site is awesome, the people are so friendly, and I am enjoying my warm welcome, I've been a member of several forums where people are downright rude and bash people all the time. :rockon: you guys rock
Your right about the stickies being a bit uncoordinated. The problem is as you say there are a hundred ways of doing the same thing. The site started small and the original goal was to get 100 members. As you can see the membership has grown quicker than bunnies in a warren. Along with it is all of the fantastic info.
A great place to look at a well chronicled list of modifications and how to's is Bonemans site. Boneman's FZ6 Site - Mods
The Google search function on this forum often yields more specific threads.
You can always contact a member who has posted in a thread that you are interested in.
No one minds a question being asked as long as it is specific, If you have searched and couldn't find what your after, what else are you meant to do?
Good luck and welcome.
Nelly

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as the Fender Eliminator, most of them should come with the smaller "universal" size hole for the lights. Aftermarket lights usually won't fit in the stock holes/brackets.

I personally like my Rizoma LED lights. I'm sure there are other ones out there. Mine have held up for a year and are still just as bright and haven't yellowed at all.

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
See I like the rizoma lights a lot. I just don't wanna get into a situation where I get a fender kit and lights and then not match up lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
See I like the rizoma lights a lot. I just don't wanna get into a situation where I get a fender kit and lights and then not match up lol

Any kit you buy that has lights with it will work, as long as you know how to wire them up, which is very simple. So no worries on that

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
I know I can do most installs easily, its just a matter of learning the platform. I'm hoping to find some local riders to get to know

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
I know what you mean with kinda being overwhelmed with the amount of mods. I caught the mod bug, and have been on a modding spree this winter. Put on M4s and an FE kit so far, and waiting for my VS-2 kit from Dev.

Everyone on here has been very helpful on anything I've needed. Even if its just steering me in the right direction. So you're in good hands.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of cortech saddlebags and a seat bag. They are roomy enough and are easy to take on and off the bike. I love them! Here's a link to their site. I was able to get the saddlebags on ebay for 75.oo plus shipping. Great deal because they go for about 125 retail. I think.

Cortech :: Luggage :: Sport Saddlebags

if you're looking for soft bags and these^ arent your ticket, try the SW Motech Blaze saddlebags. love mine and the mounts are invisible if your not looking for them. and if your doing longer rides id suggest a windscreen.

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
I will have to look into them, I've found a lot of stuff out. I jusg needed to pic 1 thing and work on it