Feb 16 - Palomar

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Feb 16 - BIG BEAR

Some folks will be there, you guys are all invited :Sport:

8am is a good time to be there...little traffic and less bikers.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what is this ...............Palomar that you speak of?

Ahhh...Palomar...I rode the roadbike (bicycle) there about two years ago, had a blast! I can't even imagine how fun it must be with a motor.

Palomar

"Those of us who climb this mountain a lot know that climbing it on a weekend has a particular challenge to it: Motorcycle cafe racers love this climb, and scream up and down its hairpin turns all morning long. It is not unusual to get to the store at the top and see 50 or 60 of these bikes in the parking lot."

S

sportrider

depending on if I have to work or not and the weather, I might be up for it.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Palomar scratched due to likelihood of road condition issues...Big Bear is the new target. There's some guys from another board going there also.

J

jsteinb95

are you sure Big Bear is going to have good weather? I think Big Bear is higher than Palomar......they might have snow up there.

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Palomar scratched due to likelihood of road condition issues...Big Bear is the new target. There's some guys from another board going there also.
Have you seen all the snow atop big bear? They have had more snow in the past two months then they have had in 15 years I heard. That means streams of water across roads and the low and high side pebbles all over the road.:(

S

sportrider

I'll pass on big bear, there's too much snow and ice on the roads up there right now.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
If that's the case, Palomar would be where the rideoc guys will go too...if they don't have too much snow. If not, I'm off to TJ...not sure what for, but maybe Ensenada might be more appropriate since I'm not a big drinker and don't do whores.

J

jsteinb95

Planning to go to Palomar...hope its open...what's a good way to find out?

I don't see why it wouldn't be open. It's supposed to be sunny and 66 degrees on saturday. Looks like they had snow just a couple of weeks ago. Maybe call mother's kitchen and see if you can get more info on the current road conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sportrider

it snowed in Hell today

I think I'm going to pass this time on going to Polly, it just snowed here. at 235 ft. below sea level, I can guarentee there is snow at Palomar. :( and to think the week started off in the mid 80's.