Fazer S2 -FZ1 bar conversion just done.

cyconutjob

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a couple of tips for doing this:

The bar you need is Yamaha part number 2D1-26111-02.

This part supersedes 2D1-26111-00 and 01.

Note that it is NOT the same part as 2D1-26111-11-do NOT order that one, it is the wrong bar.

When installing the new FZ1 bar you will need to drill a new 5mm hole on the underside of the bar. This is the hole that engages the plastic peg inside the lower half of the right hand control pod and means the whole thing can be clamped firmly to the bar without rotating.
the hardest part is working out where to drill the hole. In the second image I am holding the right hand control pod more or less in the final position it will be clamped in. the hole that is visible to the left of the pod is pre-drilled but not of any use as it is in the wrong place. The hole you need to drill is 90 degrees further round the bar on its underside but about 16mm further to the right than the predrilled hole.

Also, as correctly pointed out in another thread , to stop the brake hose fouling the top of the fork yoke ,you will need to briefly loosen the nut that connects the brake hose to the master cylinder rotating the hose upwards by about a quarter turn If you do this quickly there shouldn't be any air introduced to the brake line.

15226534405_e98fb08a02_h.jpg

15226159872_2e9aef099b_h.jpg

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, this bar really feels a lot better than the stock one!

One thing i did on mine was apply a little bit of clear silicone in the hole behind the right control pod. It just feels like it would let unnecessary water and moisture in...