Fantasy Football anyone interested?

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
As of right now we have 5 actual players signed up in the league.

I would like to have 12, BUT we may not be able to get 12 players.

I will keep the league open to new players until we either
A. get 12 players OR
B. early to mid- august then we will play with what we have, but have to have an even number of players.

The draft will be held as soon as one of the above is done.

Whether we get 12 players or we play with what we have, the draft will be about 2 days after.

Make sure you pre-rank the players. The draft will be an auto-pick draft.

I posted about how the draft works either here or on the league bored I can't remember which.

Hopefully draft will be by mid-august

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont think you need all or nothing to play for a bit of cash. Say 2 or 3 people dont want to play for money, the other 9 or 10 throw in $25 and whoever finishes at the top takes the pot...easy, no?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont think you need all or nothing to play for a bit of cash. Say 2 or 3 people dont want to play for money, the other 9 or 10 throw in $25 and whoever finishes at the top takes the pot...easy, no?

You have a good point there! Like the commish said, lets work on getting the 12 players first. Almost 4000 members and the most popular sport in America and were struggling to get 12. LOL

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there still room in the league? I've got to warn you guys, I'm pretty hardcore about my Fantasy teams!

Edit-

I just read that the draft will be autopick only. Is a live draft out of the question? I feel that if we are going to play for money we should at least be able to pick our players, Yahoo ranking does not always ensure you get the best player available at your pick. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
A live draft would be cool, but with all the time differences and schedules I don't know how that would work out. It is up for discussion thou.

AJ I'm sending you a PM

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Update.

Members in: ( Looking for 12 )

JRF
Dickied
Rookie08FZ6
Lazamus69
Vegasrider
Christod1
Lonesoldier84
AJ_rider
dimitre977

Come on sports fans!

I am open to anything. However, good point with the time difference. It might be tough. Also, not sure how much knowledge everyone has as far as players. I'm above average with knowledge of players.

Last edited:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ideally, live draft is the way to go but even if we started drafting today it would be tough to finish in time for the first game of the season. 1st guy picks...maybe second guy is around to make his pick....3rd guy is away for work or the night. picks the next day. and so on 12x over just for the first round. Unless we ALL have a couple hours to set aside on the same day at the same time, live draft probably wont be feasible. I dont know, does somebody have any ideas of ways we can do it?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ideally, live draft is the way to go but even if we started drafting today it would be tough to finish in time for the first game of the season. 1st guy picks...maybe second guy is around to make his pick....3rd guy is away for work or the night. picks the next day. and so on 12x over just for the first round. Unless we ALL have a couple hours to set aside on the same day at the same time, live draft probably wont be feasible. I dont know, does somebody have any ideas of ways we can do it?

Let's all meet in Vegas.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Forum members who have posted saying that they would like to participate, please sign up under our FZ6 league in Yahoo sports/fantasy footbal '08. Just follow the instructions provided by JRF in this thread, and enter the subscribtion ID and password that you should have received via PM. It's very simple, but you must have a Yahoo account, which is very simple to create if you do not have one.

Thanks, And there are still several spots left sports fans. Please join and have some fun for the next 17 weeks.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site

The Yahoo live draft works a little differently than that. If a user is not logged in to the live draft his pick will be automatically selected for him based on his Yahoo rankings. This allows users to login and/or set their Yahoo rankings if they are unable to make the draft.

What if we set the draft for a weekend morning, say 11:30am EST / 8:30am Pacfic? Draft should only take about 30-45min depending on how many people show up. Either that or a weekday evening that works best.

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
The Yahoo live draft works a little differently than that. If a user is not logged in to the live draft his pick will be automatically selected for him based on his Yahoo rankings. This allows users to login and/or set their Yahoo rankings if they are unable to make the draft.

What if we set the draft for a weekend morning, say 11:30am EST / 8:30am Pacfic? Draft should only take about 30-45min depending on how many people show up. Either that or a weekday evening that works best.

This is exactly how it works. If you are there you get to pick if your not then the computer picks it for you. The only weekend morning good for me is sunday mornings. Evenings during the week are all cool with me as long as it starts in the early evening.

I just checked and we now have 6 managers signed up so far:thumbup: were getting there guys:rockon:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

JRF
Dickied
Rookie08FZ6
Lazamus69
Vegasrider
Christod1
Lonesoldier84
AJ_rider
dimitre977
Chaching
rottenkid

Last edited:

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
We have 8 signed up :thumbup: need atleast 2 more but would like 4 more

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

JRF
Dickied
Rookie08FZ6
Lazamus69
Vegasrider
Christod1
Lonesoldier84
AJ_rider
dimitre977

We still have lots of time, I'm sure we will get twelve.

Okay, we have 8 confirmed member signed up in the FZ6 Fantasy Footlball league in Yahoo. We have room for four more.