F1 rules clarification

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad the FIA have decided to tell us exactly what the rules are:

THOSE NEW F1 RULES IN FULL

Following unfortunate misunderstandings in the Grands Prix at Valencia and Spa, the FIA has revised the Red Car Rule for Formula 1. These amendments will be applied with immediate effect:

1) Overtaking a Ferrari is not permitted under any circumstances.
2) In the pit lane, a Ferrari always has precedence over other cars.
3) Any driver finishing less than 25 seconds ahead of a Ferrari will be penalized 25 seconds.*
4) If neither Ferrari finishes in first place, the stewards reserve the right to declare the result null and void (or to adjust it as necessary).
5) Only Ferrari drivers are permitted to use anything other than ‘designated’ parts of a circuit.
6) If forced off the ‘designated’ part of the track by a Ferrari, the guilty driver should immediately crash his car and return to the pits
6) Any driver or team appealing against any FIA decision in favour of Ferrari may be subject to a fine and/or the deduction of points.
*Subject to post-race adjustment by the stewards.

kamao

Reaction score
Visit site
HAHA thanks for that :D I've been a F1 fan for ages, but have to admit that the last couple seasons have been... difficult to get behind. Still have to admire all the drivers, but the FIA need to wake up and realise whats happening to the sport

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
HAHA thanks for that :D I've been a F1 fan for ages, but have to admit that the last couple seasons have been... difficult to get behind. Still have to admire all the drivers, but the FIA need to wake up and realise whats happening to the sport

+1

This is a great sport wihich has lead to many automotive safety features we don't think about. It would be a shame a few in the FIA could put a black eye on such talented drivers and amazing machines.

finboz

stealth browser
Reaction score
Visit site
i agree with the stewards decision, i think alonso summed it up best by saying if there was a wall or a gravel trap where lewis left the track would he have stayed on the circuit (yes) and would he then have been able to overtake kimi on the next straight (no) therefor he gained an advantage by cutting the corner.

my honest opinion however i do support the red cars :D

not everyone agrees with me, found this on the intertubes.

Got a Ferrari? / Not quite good enough at driving? / Are other boys faster than you in the wet?

Then you need:-

FIA

Ferrari International Assistance

This exclusive Ferrari-only membership club has many benefits, including:-

Anti-overtaking assurance - Been overtaken? Feel a bit silly? Don’t worry, we’ll rule out the other party, even if it’s embarrassingly obvious that they’re faster than you.
Things a bit tight when leaving the pits? - Just to make things a little bit easier we’ve arranged a private second lane, just for you.
Had a crash? Need to win the world championship? - Don’t worry, just limp across the track and take off your nearest championship title contender – we’ll do the rest.
A bit strapped? Need extra cash? - simply get one of your team to tell someone else how you make your cars.
Bits falling off your car? Looking a bit dangerous? - At Ferrari International Assistance we operate a ‘blind eye’ policy just for Ferrari drivers.
Been a bit silly? Taken off another driver whilst following the safety car? - It’s ok, as long as you didn’t hurt yourself. I mean, who is Force India anyway? And how dare they be in front of you?
A bit bored? Want some extra action? - With FIA-plus you can take part in a number of extracurricular membership err... activities ;-)

Not sure when you might need us next? Relax. Check out our track record. We’re confident that we’ll be able to make something up on the spot that will get you out of any pickle that you might find yourself in!

Ferrari International Assistance - Making it up as we go along for over 50 years.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you see Lewis go around Weber in the chicane? OMFG what a driver! Go Lewis 16 laps to go.

Nelly

Last edited: