F/S: 2001 Yamaha FZ1 (Project)

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had this for just about 2-years (Almost to the day) and have not found the time to tidy things up with all of the other projects; motorcycles, house, moving and wedding related. I would give it two ratings as far as completeness: 90% complete to get it roadworthy & 75% complete as far as my overall goals were concerned (cosmetic and aftermarket). Others may have a differing opinions on the latter depending on where they would want to go with it.

The bike came with the R1 fork conversion already completed; nicely machined steering stem and modified upper triple clamp. Frame, Swingarm, and a number of components were powder coated black by the previous owner as well. Approximately 10,000 miles on it when I bought it; I have added maybe 50 in the trial runs to verify that everything worked appropriately.

A quick outline of things that I have done:
-Complete wiring overhaul: Replaced the factory wiring loom, relocated the ignition and rectifier, replaced the headlight wiring, and general "tidy" of the components.
-Replaced carb boots;
-Cleaned, synched, and verified jetting of the carb;
-Dales AIS block off kit installed;
-Danmoto Jisu Slip-On Installed;
-EXUP Valve Cleaned and Adjusted;
-Single-Headlight Added (55W H4 Bulb; Replaced a “Twin-Dominator” style light that it came with);
-Installed Bar-End Mirrors;
-Painted the Front Fender Matte-Black (Same color in mind for the tail if I ever got to it);
-Installed New Spark Plugs
-Replaced aftermarket digital Gauge (Acewell Brand) with used Stock Cluster. I did this to regain the diagnostic features of the cluster and the cooling fan control. Gauge shows ~24,000 Miles;
-Installed “Newer” Tires (Removed from my 2004 model when I bought it, they have about 800 miles of total use; Tread “Nubs” still in tact);
-Inspected and replaced any/all vent and vacuum hoses;
-Cleaned, Inspected, and greased all linkage components, swing-arm bushings, steering bearings, etc…
-Replaced Fuel Filter;
-All Fluids Drained and Replaced;
-Replaced fuel tank (Brand New, Discount due to slight dent due to shipping. About the size of a quarter).

It needs the following:
-Tail/Grab Rails need to be painted. All pieces are included and in great shape, just needs to be painted to match (Currently Yellow);
-Speedometer/Headlight Mount Needs to be completed. I have begun fabrication of these parts so you could just finish my work or start from scratch with your own design;
-Side Stand Switch (Simple and cheap just haven’t gotten to it);
-Turn Signals / Indicators.

There are likely a few things that I forgot to mention but these are the major points. Bike runs like a champ; very smooth and responsive. Chain and Sprockets are in great condition with thousands of miles of life left.

Great way to step into the 1000cc class without paying the premium!

Clean and clear Maine Title in-hand!
That being said, Just looking to get out what I have into it.

Asking $1941.07 o.b.o

As Always, feel free to contact me at any time if you have questions or just want to chat about the project.

Thank you For Looking!

Scott
[email protected]

Photos: