Eyeing up an FZ1 or a Buell 1125CR

fordfanmatt

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I have an 07 Fz6 streetfighter, truly a great ride but i feel its time to upgrade to something a little bigger.

What do you fellas think is a good asking price on a black fz6 streetfighter:
fz1 bars
pcIII
leo vince carbon fiber exhaust
vs2 headlight mod
14000 miles
bar end mirrors
newer tires
fresh paint

keep in mind i dont really need to sell it, but wouldn't mind upgrading.

I figure $4000 might be a good low number?
Im in Ohio.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Heck if i was looking for a naked fz, i'd pay 4k for it with those mods! I like the stock fairing myself, but who knows in time i might convert my bike that i dont have yet to a naked...

On another note IMO the FZ1 looks better than the Buell but beauty is in the eye of the beholder :thumbup:

Have you test ridden either of them yet just out of curiosity?

fordfanmatt

Reaction score
Visit site
Heck if i was looking for a naked fz, i'd pay 4k for it with those mods! I like the stock fairing myself, but who knows in time i might convert my bike that i dont have yet to a naked...

On another note IMO the FZ1 looks better than the Buell but beauty is in the eye of the beholder :thumbup:

Have you test ridden either of them yet just out of curiosity?

I have not tested either, but i bought the FZ6 on a whim and I have loved it. i figured the FZ1 would be a solid choice. I have ridden some harleys, gotta love the torque.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I have not tested either, but i bought the FZ6 on a whim and I have loved it. i figured the FZ1 would be a solid choice. I have ridden some harleys, gotta love the torque.

My big issue with harleys is they use old technology and refuse to change that... knowing my bike could have been built with better technology but some corporate boffin decided not to would bug me...

Obviously they have the buell's which have updated tech but you still have to take them to a harley shop if you need something done, and, from experience if it isn't a fat boy harley etc then treat you like a second class citizen (friend owned one and went with him and couldn't believe how rude they were). then again i guess thats pretty stereotypical :spank: I bet theres plenty of HD shops out there that care.

On topic... I might go with the buell just B/C it's a bigger change, although i've heard alot of good things about the FZ1.

Whatever you do, PICS!!! :D

fordfanmatt

Reaction score
Visit site
My big issue with harleys is they use old technology and refuse to change that... knowing my bike could have been built with better technology but some corporate boffin decided not to would bug me...

Obviously they have the buell's which have updated tech but you still have to take them to a harley shop if you need something done, and, from experience if it isn't a fat boy harley etc then treat you like a second class citizen (friend owned one and went with him and couldn't believe how rude they were). then again i guess thats pretty stereotypical :spank: I bet theres plenty of HD shops out there that care.

On topic... I might go with the buell just B/C it's a bigger change, although i've heard alot of good things about the FZ1.

Whatever you do, PICS!!! :D

I do love the look of both, the 1125cr is a "brute". its not gorgeous but just screams muscle, but i have had nothing but great experiences with Yamaha. Would $5000 be too much to ask?

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
For me, unless a buell was a steal, I just couldn't bring myself to buy one. I love the belt drive, they're damned gorgeous (once you piss off those headlights) and are supposed to handle fantastically. BUT, handled by Harley, and out of business.

Only if it was a steal, for me anyway

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the 1125r. It has Austrian built Rotax engine. Buell 1125R News, Reviews, Photos and Videos - Motorcycle USA

19839Buell_1125R_30331.jpg

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
Where in Ohio are you located, friend of mine is looking for an upgrade from a cruiser. Myself I've be wanting to possibly upgrade to an Aprilia, but the FZ is paid off.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site

If you love the FZ6 you will love the FZ1.....similar riding position but much more power and I find easier to ride faster than the FZ6. I could not bring myself to buy a Buell, doubly so now that they are kaput and out of business. Parts will be an issue going forward.

I traded up last month and couldn't be happier.

standard.jpg

Last edited:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I do love the look of both, the 1125cr is a "brute". its not gorgeous but just screams muscle, but i have had nothing but great experiences with Yamaha. Would $5000 be too much to ask?

You might be able to get $5000 but you'd have to get the right buyer whose looking for specific mods like that... and that might take a while to find, leaving your bike unsold on the market for a while.... I could see it going for 4000-4500 though pretty easy. It all depends on how long your willing to leave it on the market in my experience.

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
Buell is Back go to erikbuellracing they have a all new street bike . the FZ1 is hard to beat, the new Buell's are awesome bike's . I have a 2010 XB12TX and its been trouble free. the first 1125's had some problems but are now sorted out.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1 FTW! 6 years strong with the Gen II model. You won't find that sort of dependability in a Buell. Ask Hellgate!